GPSTest app - Altitude Description

lodrog...@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2022, 2:55:20 PM6/30/22
to GPSTest

Hi Sean,

at least from 2017, we saw the app to add the value reading of Alt (MSL), into the screen. I think it will be nice the old measurement of Alt to change at Alt (AGL). This will help all the users to understood better why there are two measurements and to know what they must type to google search for those values.

thanks

Sean Barbeau

Jul 15, 2022, 6:23:43 PM7/15/22
to lodrog...@gmail.com, GPSTest
Lodro,
Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, this is a tricky one and there have been past discussions on it as well. I'll consider a change going forward, although I'd love to hear from others too. I think height above ellipsoid (HAE) is the more geodetically accurate term given the value is the height above the WGS84 ellipsoid, but I wouldn't expect casual users to understand what that means.

Sean