Rinex Navigation File

RinexQ

Aug 3, 2022, 7:37:58 PM8/3/22
to GPSTest
I've tried a couple of apps including GnssLogger but I dont seem to be able to get the Navigation file output, only the Observation file. I need both to have RTKLIB produce a solution. Any advice?

Sean Barbeau

Aug 3, 2022, 7:41:19 PM8/3/22
to RinexQ, GPSTest
What device are you using?

Not sure if this is the root issue if you're using GnssLogger (I'm just getting up to speed on the new logging features there), but many devices don't support the navigation message API.

See column O in the GPSTest Database:

See

On Wed, Aug 3, 2022, 7:38 PM RinexQ <gtes...@gmail.com> wrote:
I've tried a couple of apps including GnssLogger but I dont seem to be able to get the Navigation file output, only the Observation file. I need both to have RTKLIB produce a solution. Any advice?

mohamed fathi

Aug 3, 2022, 7:50:41 PM8/3/22
to Sean Barbeau, RinexQ, GPSTest
(if your smartphone doesn't support navigation message )U can down load the rinex file from igs.bkg or from cddis.nasa or u can use the gnss analysis application on windows to process the txt file from( gpstest or gnsslogger ) app in android to download the rinex files for your measurements

Aug 3, 2022, 11:12:41 PM8/3/22
to GPSTest
Using a Pixel 6, BCM4776, GLL ver. 129.20.23 524633. It looks like it should be supported there.

Well need the navigation file from multiple phones because we want to compute position remotely in real time and add RTK.

RinexQ

Sep 13, 2022, 1:52:08 AM9/13/22
to GPSTest
Any knowledge on how this can be done (or if its impossible) would be appreciated!

Sean Barbeau

Sep 13, 2022, 5:22:32 PM9/13/22
to RinexQ, GPSTest
Have you tried using a SUPL client for this info instead?

See the bottom part of this article I wrote:
https://barbeau.medium.com/decoding-android-gnss-navigation-messages-93bc62e2eb00

Sean