Xiaomi 13T Pro shows Beidou-B2b and Galileo E5b

Invalid Data

Oct 24, 2023, 6:44:14 AM10/24/23
to GPSTest
appears that Mediatek 9200 to be the first OEM chipset to receive "b" signal.
Huawei Hisilicon 9000 already support B2b and E5b but device for test is hard to find ;)

The support for B2b is a bit odd. B2b has two different sevice PNT & PPP(or HAS). Mediatek 9200 is only using B2b's PPP signal which means it exlusively use the 3 GEO satellites in east Asia but not globally. Perhaps it's not that hard to add B2b's global signal? consider that the structure is so similar.

I think there will be more device using B2b E5b soon! Or even GPS L2.....

QQ图片20231024145844.jpg269873397-9afdcf0c-6a2e-4081-9f3f-71d2bca3cab1.png

Sean Barbeau

Oct 24, 2023, 1:38:55 PM10/24/23
to Invalid Data, GPSTest
Very cool, thanks for sharing!

Sean

Jim bell

Oct 25, 2023, 4:31:53 PM10/25/23
to Sean Barbeau, Invalid Data, GPSTest
I wonder if it is possible for a sbas satellite to carry and transmit the correction factors for every gnss constellation. Like gps, galileo, glonass, beidou.  If the bandwidth were sufficient, why not?

Jim bell

Nov 5, 2023, 6:07:25 PM11/5/23
to GPSTest
" which means it exlusively use the 3 GEO satellites in east Asia but not globally. "
    I want to understand this.   Does this mean that the Galileo HAS signal is ONLY transmitted by GEOstationary satellites over Eurasia?   And if that is the case, does that mean that people in the Western Hemisphere can't receive such SBAS corrections?
     Well, I can understand why Europe might want to initially economize and not yet bother to add a corrections satellite over areas that would not be covered by Europe, but this is the first I've heard of this limitation.  I read much material about Galileo HAS weeks ago, and was VERY disappointed to hear that virtually no smartphones supported it:   I would have thought that the HAS system woulld have been fully defined years ago (2017?) so that the chipset manufacturers had plenty of time to incorporate it into their chipsets.
     But, I also notice that in the database of GNSS features of existing smartphones, there seems to be a sharp cutoff at the year "2020" in the recency of GNSS chip designs.  Are those chipset manufacturers resting on their lazy butts adding these kinds of new features?

Invalid Data

Nov 6, 2023, 4:46:44 AM11/6/23
to GPSTest
Beidou PPP is regional service because it's transmitted by 3 Geo satellite above East Asia.
Galileo HAS is global and it can be transmitted everywhere theoretically. However the receiver in Europe region get shorter time of convergence.
QZSS HAS(CLAS) is regional too. Only covers Japan and east Asia countries.

They both have very high data rate like 1000sps or 2000sps. So yeah I checked the official SIS ICD, Beidou PPP and QZSS CLAS can provide correction data for all constellation and every signal type in nearby future.
Galileo HAS has the least correction constellation. Only GPS+Galileo.Screenshot_2023-11-06-17-38-43-198_com.google.android.apps.pdfviewer-edit.jpg
as for SBAS. The current SBAS service has a very strict standard because it's made by EU and US. There's a invisible standard wall. Every SBAS provider has to follow the standard because it matters for safety of aircraft. So far China want to join the standard and let BDS become part of the augmented satellite. But before that happens, sbas satellite only augment GPS and Galileo right now.