Upgrade 4.4.64

kevin_j...@bigpond.com

Sep 17, 2021, 3:12:40 AM9/17/21
to GPS Essentials
After the recent upgrade on 31 August 2021, the length of Track and av. speed are being recorded in units of 10,000 &100,000 kms. The dash board data are in reverse i.e. less than the distance travelled.
The track line is jumping randomly from point to point. On the phone these random jumps are straight lines and when downloaded to the computer there is no track at all recorded.
Out of six test runs all one has worked properly.
What is the problem/solution??

Martin Lowry

Sep 17, 2021, 9:59:51 AM9/17/21
to GPS Essentials

I've been using GPSe 4.4.64 for several months now and have never had this issue. Perhaps your problem lies elsewhere ?

mrtnlowr.vcf

nhoe...@sinet.ca

Sep 17, 2021, 10:12:41 AM9/17/21
to GPS Essentials
I haven't been using GPS Essentials much (don't get out these days) but recorded a track on a few days ago and noticed no issues.  I verified that I have 4.4.64 installed.  It looks like 4.4.64 was released April 8th - I found two additional tracks recorded since then without the issues you described.

Lodro Gyamtso

Sep 18, 2021, 2:40:28 AM9/18/21
to GPS Essentials
last 4 years, i have started using outdoor apps for track recordings. They works just fine with the device screen into disabled condition. This help to maximize the battery autonomy. As a typical example i will say the apps of locus map or orux maps. My device is also without sim card into airplane mode. This is a typical "OFF line" use or we can say, one android smartphone as a PND device.

thanks