Re: GPSE Settings

Message has been deleted

Michael Schollmeyer

Nov 1, 2022, 12:06:23 PM11/1/22
to gpsess...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the info! The fused location provider (https://developers.google.com/location-context/fused-location-provider) is off by default in GPS Essentials. I added it some time back, mainly as an alternative option to reduce power consumption. My observation is that the fused location provider is overdoing it a bit, I noticed that the update interval is dropping considerably, especially when the app is running in the background. There may be scenarios where this is what you want, e.g. when you're tracking complete days.

My recommendation is to leave the fused location provider off, only use it when your battery consumption is your highest priority, and test it before you rely on it.

Cheers, Michael

On Oct 29, 2022, at 8:27 AM, jersent <jer...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

For those having trouble getting satellite fixes, accurate route tracking, or other strange behavior, try changing GPSE Settings Use Fused Provider to OFF.  Then exit GPSE and restart.

I use GPSE V4.4.64, Android 12 with Google Location Accuracy ON and GPSE Settings Track Only GPS Locations OFF.