Can't export tracks...

Alexandru Pintilioaie

Mar 15, 2021, 3:23:23 PM3/15/21
to GPS Essentials
Hello, I have some track and waypoint that I really really need to export from the aplication. The problem is that when I want to do this, I receive a message that tell me "Couldn't attached file". I tried to change the storage location from settings, but I got the same result, it doesn't work. I also can't send them on WhatsApp or on Google Drive. The version is 4.4.32.
Please tell me how I can fix this problem, thank you in advance,
Alex.

Michael Schollmeyer

Mar 15, 2021, 4:03:38 PM3/15/21
to gpsess...@googlegroups.com
What Android version are you on?

Regards, Michael
mictale.com/ms
--

Alexandru Pintilioaie

Mar 15, 2021, 4:05:57 PM3/15/21
to gpsess...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael, I have android version 11

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "GPS Essentials" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gpsessentials/597A497D-BADD-40DA-8074-E39FE71BCD9F%40mictale.com.

Michael Schollmeyer

Mar 15, 2021, 4:11:12 PM3/15/21
to gpsess...@googlegroups.com
Please try if exporting to a local file works, in the export dialog, just tap on the right arrow to the right of the file name. Make sure you use a path that is accessible and then see if you can use a file explorer or Android File Transfer to read the file. There is a good chance that the app you want to share the file with cannot read from the storage location you have chosen.

Regards, Michael
mictale.com/ms