New investigative web site

Lisa Gandy

Jan 23, 2014, 3:46:01 PM1/23/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I am a faculty at Central Michigan University. I had originally done some thesis work on politics and computation (project called Congressional Close Up).  Now I'd like to create a web page which does a sort of "investigative journalism" view of each Senator/Representative in Congress.  If you could have your dream website, what would you like to see in regards to Senators/Reps?  Just gathering thoughts before we get started!

Thanks,
Lisa Gandy
Assistant Professor
Computer Science
Central Michigan University

Briar

Jan 25, 2014, 12:00:47 PM1/25/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lisa.

this board, which is now almost dead. someone having set up a duplicate but monitored one and most people having left this one for that new one and then found that one too boring so left it, is primarilly concerned with affairs in the UK, and the USA is too far away for most of us to be interested in it.

We have our own terrible politicians to grumble about, possibly even worse than yours.  I doubt whether we will be able to be any use to you.

The replacement board only has about a dozen people on it.   There is another one still, but my details of it were on an older computer and did not get transcribed to this newer one.

Sorry to be unable to help you properly.

jaria

Jul 19, 2014, 6:01:29 PM7/19/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
You are correct Briar the new board has posters on it that would discourage any reasonable person from joining .

Briar

Jul 21, 2014, 6:05:46 AM7/21/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jaria.

I do wonder though, where have all the others gone, who used to visit POC's Original Auld Pure Single Malt GPPS Discussion Board ?  Most have obviously NOT gone to Jane's New Board, which monitored or not, still has people calling each other nasty names on it and behaving just like the Clowns in the House of Clowns (Westminster) do.  Have they all just given up, and decided to say nothing?

 Is there a secret group who are plotting the overthrow of the silly government and playing being asleep in the meantime?  If there is such a group, why have they not contacted me?  I do have experience in organizing revolutions and overthrowing governments, and there are not that many people with such experience so I can be very useful to them !

Jar...@aol.com

Jul 21, 2014, 9:23:58 AM7/21/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
Well Briar ,
My guess is that all they need to do is have a look and see what the content of Bandwagons is and they would drop it like a hot potato. I've mentioned it in the past to some with the response.Thanks but no thanks. I came back mid April and thought the same but received an EM asking why I hadn't been posting as I must be back so I thought I'd give it another go
Just look what any effort at debate is getting First Jonsky and the smug AWM and after ignoring AWM he was replaced by the half wit KB and judge for yourself. If not look at the rules which they break with almost every post.
Sandman professes to be neutral but even the most insulting posts from his pal Jon and the same ilk are treated only as border line when Jane has finally had enough and criticises the way some get away with it.
Not a nice place to be but as you say we must search to find one that is properly monitored this one isn't and debate is impossible. I commend your efforts to bring people to your board but my guess is the the name is too alike this one.
A new one is badly needed where personal insults and the like would be deleted and those on the present nod would not be accepted.

Sent from my iPad
--
-- You've received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups GPPS (General Politics People and Society) group. To post to this group, send an email to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to gpn-general-politics...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/gpn-general-politics-and-news?hl=en
---

AWM

Jul 21, 2014, 8:08:01 PM7/21/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
You confuse my alleged 'smugness' with the ability to dismantle your latest, 'wot you read somewhere', opinion jar.

It may of passed you by, but I only ever pop in to post on that board when there is some self righteous BS from either yourself or that other twat, TB.

I suppose that is what you find so 'offensive'.

jaria

Jul 22, 2014, 12:07:25 PM7/22/14
On Tuesday, 22 July 2014 01:08:01 UTC+1, AWM wrote:
> You confuse my alleged 'smugness' with the ability to dismantle your latest, 'wot you read somewhere', opinion jar.
>

> It may of passed you by, but I only ever pop in to post on that board when there is some self righteous BS from either yourself or that other twat, TB.
>

> I suppose that is what you find so 'offensive'.
>

> On Monday, July 21, 2014 2:23:58 PM UTC+1, jaria wro
>
> Well Briar ,
> My guess is that all they need to do is have a look and see what the content of Bandwagons is and they would drop it like a hot potato. I've mentioned it in the past to some with the response.Thanks but no thanks. I came back mid April and thought the same but received an EM asking why I hadn't been posting as I must be back so I thought I'd give it another go
> Just look what any effort at debate is getting First Jonsky and the smug AWM and after ignoring AWM he was replaced by the half wit KB and judge for yourself. If not look at the rules which they break with almost every post.
> Sandman professes to be neutral but even the most insulting posts from his pal Jon and the same ilk are treated only as border line when Jane has finally had enough and criticises the way some get away with it.
> Not a nice place to be but as you say we must search to find one that is properly monitored this one isn't and debate is impossible. I commend your efforts to bring people to your board but my guess is the the name is too alike this one.
> A new one is badly needed where personal insults and the like would be deleted and those on the present nod would not be accepted.
AWM sorry I missed out the word delusional.

AWM

Jul 22, 2014, 1:44:31 PM7/22/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
A word you know all about ... eh, jar ?

A delusion is a belief held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary. As a pathology, it is distinct from a belief based on false or incomplete information, confabulation, dogma, illusion, or other effects of perception.

Superior evidence, such as the Tory Manifesto perhaps ?

Now jog on and go do one, you dozy old sod.

Jonksy

Jul 23, 2014, 4:03:16 PM7/23/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
You won't get off that easy mate the demented tory TWAT will still be coming back and spouting the same old shite like a bloody parrot..

Briar

Jul 27, 2014, 9:39:25 AM7/27/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
You are of course THE Expert on Parrots !

Jonksy

Jul 27, 2014, 10:46:41 AM7/27/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
Only from having watched that inbred prick spouting his Bullshit on both boards Briar. These boards are full of his shit wot he supposedly read somewhere and then wriggles and sqeals like a stuck pig when his bullshit is challenged..

jaria

Jul 27, 2014, 11:25:33 AM7/27/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
BRIAR

These two posts will give you a good idea why others are not joining this board. If you had some decent disinfectant or a filter system it would soon attract decent posters whatever their politics happen to be but not until there is a way to prevent these type of posts or better still their authors.
I've been told to ignore them but of course in real life I've always pulled someone up who's spoken to me in that manner. My grandsons tracked down similar posters and they turned out to be exactly the type that you would expect.
Anyhow they can't be very happy or contented people

Jonksy

Jul 27, 2014, 12:30:42 PM7/27/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
If your grandson is anything like you troll he wouldn't be able to find his arse with a map let alone someone else on the net....You come on this board slagging off the posters on the other board and then true to form whinge and whine when peeps retaliate you are the one who stirs it up all the time...If you can't piss jar get off the pot as you won't be missed...And as for you pulling anyone up arseholes like you wouldn't last 5 minutes in the real world and you would be staring up your own rectum in 10 secs flat

jaria

Jul 28, 2014, 7:01:37 AM7/28/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com

Hey shorty as I thought you're under 6' well at 6"2" I've trodden on people like you and not noticed it.
We leave the slagging to saddos like you and occasionally bother to respond and use the Queens English as opposed to resorting to swearing.
As you know skin is a qualified pilot both on the sea and in the air and yes he's a lot like me, grandsons at over 6' would both look down on short arses that like most small people have a chip on their shoulder.

Jonksy

Jul 28, 2014, 5:31:25 PM7/28/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
No chip om my shoulfder arsehole Like I say its amazing how high they can stack shit these days so he gives a shit how tall you are...That can be used against you and as for short arses you have no idea how tall I am so we have yet another assumption from the head prick of jersey..

AWM

Jul 29, 2014, 8:04:17 AM7/29/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
jar forgets to mention that, after reading the exchanges that caused him such offense, his grandsons told him to stop being such and antagonistic old sod, accept when he is wrong, to desist offering such poorly executed psychological analysis, and go take Nan on another cruise instead of sitting on the internet 24/7 spreading Tory BS and epithets all over the band width.

Jar...@aol.com

Jul 29, 2014, 8:59:03 AM7/29/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
You lonely lying old Git . If it was your intention to get me on to the board to respond to your usual nasty posts you've succeeded you've hit a raw spot.
The cancer has returned and my wife as far as can be seen needs regular treatment which prevents us going away
You've reached a new low not having you spread lies about me and the family ,the grandsons have never uttered such words in fact they are as keen as their father is to do another cruise but that's on hold until and if my wife's condition improves.
I hadn't intended to return and had been watching the daily useless criticism and personal attacks until I was asked to give it another try.
It was suggested if I didn't bother about those who have personal problems that make them post as they do and ignore them they would soon give up. There is no need to have any skill in psychology to identify your problems they are glaringly obvious
You seem to be very persistent in interrupting in wanting to continue to repeat what you think of me and my posts. They arnt addressed to you so for the last time stop bothering me . Go look up the rules and you will find that what you are doing is not acceptable.

Sent from my iPad

The grandsons have

On Sunday, July 27, 2014 5:30:42 PM UTC+1, Jonksy wrote:
If your grandson is anything like you troll he wouldn't be able to find his arse with a map let alone someone else on the net....You come on this board slagging off the posters on the other board and then true to form whinge and whine when peeps retaliate you are the one who stirs it up all the time...If you can't piss jar get off the pot as you won't be missed...And as for you pulling anyone up arseholes like you wouldn't last 5 minutes in the real world and you would be staring up your own rectum in 10 secs flat

AWM

Jul 29, 2014, 9:55:29 AM7/29/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
Dear jar...

When you complain about 'lies' (and just about everything else really) just consider your own puerile, antagonistic, BS.

There is a saying :

'You reap what you sow'.

It has been noticeable that, since your return, the attitude of many posters has changed, for the worst.

No coincidence there, I feel.

As for 'rules', I have breeched none of this board, and abide by those of the other.

So, whilst wishing Mrs Jar all the best, you can just go do one.

jaria

Aug 9, 2014, 10:36:40 AM8/9/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
Wrong again AWM . My grandsons were telling me of an unpleasant type on the website that they use. They and their pals tracked him down and guess what he was an insignificant little book worm who was a social failure in real life.
Now there's a co incidence.

AWM

Aug 11, 2014, 6:35:03 PM8/11/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
Oh dear, are you telling us that your own flesh and blood get so upset in the virtual world that they 'track' people down who disagree with them ?

Now that really is rather pathetic, don't you think?

Still, things like that wouldn't bother me because my address and photograph is freely available online to the real rufty tufty types from Marxist organisations who I used to have regular run ins with, so I am well prepared for a couple of scrotes should the need arise.

Who knows, they might prefer a beer instead, where I can regale all the tales of you being a complete and utter boring old duffer.

Jar...@aol.com

Aug 11, 2014, 6:44:17 PM8/11/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
I'd give up trying to interpret people's motives if I were you
You've yet to be proved right.
The person concerned was a pest and he was upsetting the girls
When they told me about it I fully approved of what they did.the result of course was satisfactory like it is when these people who hide behind disguises are found out to be frauds.
You know what I meanawm

Sent from my iPad

jaria

Aug 11, 2014, 6:51:22 PM8/11/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
Oops did I tread on a corn there didn't read the last part until I looked at it before posting.
You can tell who you like however those that know me will wonder what pill you're on .as I often do.

AWM

Aug 11, 2014, 7:05:05 PM8/11/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
Well jar, if this person was upsetting the girls, that could mean one of many things including :

Why would an adult website frequented by your grandson be open to their children or, why is your grandson using a website aimed at their child.

You see, you give away little tit bits, without ever getting to the point.

Now, if this was an adult harassing their child on a website aimed at her age group, I would totally understand their concern and vigilante group, and happily buy them a beer.

AWM

Aug 11, 2014, 7:06:51 PM8/11/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
I am sure you attempted something intelligible but, alas, failed.

Jar...@aol.com

Aug 11, 2014, 7:58:36 PM8/11/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
Why don't you just bugger off you're making a fool of yourself again and wasting your time and mine.
Your responses are nonsensical and are nothing short of harassment. Have you really got nothing better to do.
I've put you right on all your misconceptions but you have to keep wittering on.
Now be a good boy and realise I'm not your nurse.

Sent from my iPad

AWM

Aug 11, 2014, 8:27:07 PM8/11/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
Oh, I thought this was a public, non moderated message board, not your personal property to post little sinister messages about having people track others down.

If you didn't want any comment, then why post it ?

I am not harassing you jar, just replying. You don't have to be here, after all, your actions pretty much destroyed this board a while ago and the interweb is very wide, world wide even, the clue is in the name.

Jar...@aol.com

Aug 12, 2014, 3:01:08 AM8/12/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
Apparently I was right you have nothing better to do

Sent from my iPad

AWM

Aug 12, 2014, 6:16:10 AM8/12/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
You were right, in part jar, however working late into the night was interjected with a, more than occasional coffee, break to make sure you are still with us, and raring to start your next 24 hour marathon whinging and whining session.

Jar...@aol.com

Aug 12, 2014, 9:54:48 AM8/12/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
Lol you've done that one to death, perhaps too much caffeine .

Sent from my iPad

AWM

Aug 12, 2014, 12:29:51 PM8/12/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, and the penny will finally drop for you ..... one day.

Jar...@aol.com

Aug 12, 2014, 2:58:11 PM8/12/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
As far as you are concerned it dropped a long time ago and you confirm that it was correct every post.

Sent from my iPad

AWM

Aug 12, 2014, 6:11:49 PM8/12/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
Clearly it hasn't.

Any chance you could do something about the trail of garbage you leave behind with every post here?

Your settings could do with changing.

Jar...@aol.com

Aug 12, 2014, 6:45:20 PM8/12/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
The answer is simple don't post.
Any more trivial complaints?

Sent from my iPad

AWM

Aug 12, 2014, 7:38:41 PM8/12/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
It's ok, I know you have trouble with the settings, just trying to help.

Jar...@aol.com

Aug 12, 2014, 8:06:47 PM8/12/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
Just for once you are right AWM , my settings are as they should be but it's not working.
Must try and tear that grandson away from his girlfriend. Mind you having seen her and the house in Jersey I can understand he has better things to occupy his mind. Still no doubt will see him soon it's his birthday next month

Sent from my iPad
Message has been deleted

jaria

Aug 14, 2014, 11:58:37 AM8/14/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com

To get a message deleted from this board breaks a record especially as it's written by someone who claims he's never had a message deleted.
Now KB you prove you ruined this board and do the same to bandwagons.
It can only be a diseased mind that can call someone's family gay because they are spending too much time with their girlfriends,

aussietrucker

Aug 14, 2014, 12:21:38 PM8/14/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com

It wasn't posted by kev you daft old cunt, it was posted by me, but I'd forgotten I was still signed into kevs account,

Now what was you saying about your gay grandsons cunt.

aussietrucker

Aug 14, 2014, 12:29:32 PM8/14/14
On Saturday, August 9, 2014 2:36:40 PM UTC, jaria wrote:
> jars stupid fucking post

> Wrong again AWM . My grandsons were telling me of an unpleasant type on the website that they use. They and their pals tracked him down and guess what he was an insignificant little book worm who was a social failure in real life.
>
> Now there's a co incidence.

So being a sad sack runs right through the male gene in your family you old cunt.

Did they and their pales turn up in bother boots and hotpants.

Jar...@aol.com

Aug 14, 2014, 12:31:26 PM8/14/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
Lol even Australia isn't big enough to hide such an ignorant social drop out as you.
Still forgetting things I see.

Sent from my iPad

> On 14 Aug 2014, at 17:21, "'aussietrucker' via GPPS (General Politics People and Society)" <gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>

> It wasn't posted by kev you daft old cunt, it was posted by me, but I'd forgotten I was still signed into kevs account,
>
> Now what was you saying about your gay grandsons cunt.

Briar

Aug 18, 2014, 3:39:01 AM8/18/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com

If your three "gentlemen" think that yu can wreck this Board by playing the tricks you play on Jane's, I would like you to desist, but if you do not then the REAL users of this un-moderated, Free Speech survival from the Great Planetoid Attack, this lovely old leftover living fossil Dinosaur, will have the sense to simply ignore such posts and go on to the Good Stuff.

More to the point is how one of you simulations managed to do a 'this post has been deleted' con message.

Jar...@aol.com

Jar...@aol.com

Aug 24, 2014, 7:02:39 PM8/24/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
A prime example of what I was trying to explain Briar

Sent from my iPad

On 24 Aug 2014, at 23:54, "'AWM' via GPPS (General Politics People and Society)" <gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Message has been deleted

AWM

Aug 24, 2014, 8:04:53 PM8/24/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
Dear jar, you clearly can't explain anything, yet your continual whinging and whining goes on unabated.

Jar...@aol.com

Aug 24, 2014, 8:44:25 PM8/24/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
Whilst you have nothing better to do than follow me around the boards. I'd rather whinge than be  be a pathetic loner.

Sent from my iPad

Jonksy

Aug 24, 2014, 11:12:31 PM8/24/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
Pathetic loner ROFLMAO...States the idiot who is always bullshitting and his own SIDE EVEN leaves him to it...How many of your ilk backed you up over your total bollocks about chopper fuelling? You are a pathetic arrogant tory arsehole who thinks he is the only one who has the answer.. You can't even keep up on what goes down on these very boards let alone the frigging world or this countries affairs...If labour were in they were the ones who were receiving the stick there wouldn't be a bloody peep out of you if they were the ones being shown up rather than the bunch of SCUM you support..

day, August 25, 2014 12:02:39 AM UTC+1, jaria wrote:
A prime example of what I was trying to explain Briar

--
-- You've received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups GPPS (General Politics People and Society) group. To post to this group, send an email to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to gpn-general-politics-and-news+unsub...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/gpn-general-politics-and-news?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "GPPS (General Politics People and Society)" group.

jaria

Aug 25, 2014, 5:30:51 AM8/25/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
Is Jonskys post the type of rubbish you are looking for Briar.
Do you think any sane poster looking for an interesting board to post on would consider joining.
As I say the three of them have pestered any worthwhile poster away from this board and joining another one which they have almost finished off.

AWM

Aug 25, 2014, 5:37:43 AM8/25/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
Hello jar, this 'pathetic loner', always being at least three steps ahead of you, was proving a point to more than one thing.

1) Your lack of awareness and comprehension by suggesting to Briar a deleted message was due to 'Its likely one of them said something that would give their little game away' when Aussie had already explained to you the reasons why the post was deleted.

2) A message can be deleted without it being judged by you as containing anything uncivil, etc blah, blah, blah.

3) Your self righteous, sycophantic overtones to briar, together with claims of harassment, are hilarious.

4) Finding your constant off topic spam and BS finding no favour on the other board, you have reverted to coming on this board for a whinge and moan also.

jaria

Aug 25, 2014, 5:53:24 AM8/25/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
Don't waste you're time I only bothered with the first line.

AWM

Aug 25, 2014, 6:28:05 AM8/25/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
Of course you did jar.

jaria

Aug 25, 2014, 6:47:51 AM8/25/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
Sorry , did I miss something interesting lol

AWM

Aug 25, 2014, 8:00:58 AM8/25/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
Facts have never interested you jar.

Jonksy

Aug 25, 2014, 3:32:17 PM8/25/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
He only deals in bullshit mate...Still its good fun showing the twat up for the lying arsehole that he is..

Jonksy

Aug 25, 2014, 3:35:50 PM8/25/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
Oh dear did the truth hit the spot polly? You are a self opinionated arrogant whinging moaning old prick with delusions of grandeur...