Problem with Janes Board

Briar

Aug 7, 2014, 3:59:59 AM8/7/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
Had a problem with Jane's Board today (the one where people still swear and call one another nasty names, despite alledgedly having it montitored.)  I wrote a comment to a thread, and sent it, but then a message appeared to tell me that contact had been interrupted and i should come back in and send my message again - but of course it was lost by then.

At least that doesn't happen here. I am still hoping to win more people to come back on this one.

jaria

Aug 9, 2014, 10:20:26 AM8/9/14
On Thursday, 7 August 2014 08:59:59 UTC+1, Briar wrote:
> Had a problem with Jane's Board today (the one where people still swear and call one another nasty names, despite alledgedly having it montitored.)  I wrote a comment to a thread, and sent it, but then a message appeared to tell me that contact had been interrupted and i should come back in and send my message again - but of course it was lost by then.
>

> At least that doesn't happen here. I am still hoping to win more people to come back on this one.

Until you can get this board properly monitored Briar or have a filter to block posts from unpleasant posters who interrupt debate or harass posters there is no point. The new board was supposed to prevent this and has failed.

Briar

Aug 24, 2014, 5:22:16 PM8/24/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
Dear Jaria,

the whole idea of this board is that we do NOT edit it or monitor and delete messages and that ANYONE can express their opinion, even those who due to limitations of the educational facilities where they lived are NOT completely literate and have to resort to using "naughty words" because they know no others and find it hard to express their thoughts.   This is NOT a novel concept, we call it Free Speech.  Once upon a time our country advocated this as an aspect of its "democracy".   That of course was back in the "good old days"...
.

jaria

Aug 24, 2014, 6:18:18 PM8/24/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
Briar one of the reasons many moved was to be able to debate as of old where posts that only contained abuse and negative sentiments would not be tolerated plus of course we did have that wonderful filter.
You cannot have escaped the fact that there are at least three on Janes board that are allowed to disrupt developing debates by being shall we say unpleasant in many ways.
Free speech is one thing but it should not allow continued harassment and empty posts such as complete bollocks etc etc.
Since I was advised to ignore these people I've found life more interesting on this board and it's only occasionally that I notice or bother to read more than one line I know what's coming.Trouble is this so called free speech is not appreciated by a lot of people looking for a good debating board. Have a look yourself and imagine you were thinking of joining , would you bother?