OH MY, I DO FEEL ILL !

Briar

Feb 9, 2014, 12:21:34 AM2/9/14
to gpn-general-po...@googlegroups.com
Friday evening I was rushing off to go to a Meeting, and did not look closely enough at the use by dates of some packages in my fridge.   I never noticed anything tasting "off", but Saturday I woke up with dreadful pains im the middle of the night, and just reached the loo in time.   All day Saturday I was so dehydrated and  weak, and could only drink green tea with some lemon in it plus some sugar, but the pains in my abdomen were dreadful.  I also felt sick, was shivering in bed, and could neither think nor do anything.  It is now 5 am Sunday, I gave up and got up at 1,00 am, spent several sessions letting everything pour out into the loo, it was just fluid, no lumps in it.  I sipped a half litre of boiled water that had cooled down, eventually dug out my pharmacy and swallowed a couple of  Loperamid tablets and crunched a couple of Rennies, washed down with cooled boiled water, that gave me nearly 4 hours of relative relief, but now I will need to take some more.   The abdominal pains are only just bearable, if they got worse I would open the safe and take out the real pain killer stuff.  I cannot get comfortable and my legs begin to cramp.

Please, Everyone, do check your use by dates on packed foods, even if you have kept them in the refridgerator.  I would not wish this on anyone, even a Politician !

,

Briar

Feb 10, 2014, 2:59:09 AM2/10/14

On Sunday, February 9, 2014 5:21:34 AM UTC, Briar wrote:
Friday evening I was rushing off to go to a Meeting, and did not look closely enough at the use by dates of some packages in my fridge.   I never noticed anything tasting "off", but Saturday I woke up with dreadful pains im the middle of the night, and just reached the loo in time. .....

...Please, Everyone, do check your use by dates on packed foods, even if you have kept them in the refridgerator.  I would not wish this on anyone, even a Politician  !

---- Now it is Monday morning.   My gut is completely empty, except for a glass of orange juice I just drank.  I am feeling a bit better but not back to normal.  Will try some porrige and some live yogurt (I make my own, using a culture that has remained stable for over a year now) Will also take another Loperamid tablet to calm the gut down.

Had call from German ex yesterday evening - got told off for letting opened packs of stuff stand in fridge when expired.  Ordered to clean out and wash fridge with antiseptic, then dry with clean cloth, and to discard all old stuff.  He means well, it was just hard to take when feeling like I did.