Request

Peter [kektura.eu]

Jun 8, 2007, 6:58:24 PM6/8/07
to gpicsync
Hello!

Thx for this great freeware application, i will use it very very
often! It would be even better if the following options could be
included:

1. Making the Google Eaerth file without changing the pictures (EXIF,
etc.). So match the pictures with their location, but only put the
link into the kml file, and do not geotag the pictures. It could be a
selectable option...

2. For confort, put the points in a "Photographs" (or something like
that) folder in the kml/kmz file (like the tracks are in a "Tracks"
folder). It would make things easier :-)

These are not big things, if i am right :-) But useful things.

Because this application is really a big thing, i made a post about it
on my blog (papics.blog.hu - in hungarian - sorry, no english
version), and in the forum of geocaching.hu (hungarian too...).

Thx again! (and sorry for my english)

Peter

francois...@gmail.com

Jun 9, 2007, 4:48:24 AM6/9/07
to gpicsync

On Jun 9, 12:58 am, "Peter [kektura.eu]" <pap...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello!

Hello Peter!

> Thx for this great freeware application, i will use it very very
> often! It would be even better if the following options could be
> included:
>
> 1. Making the Google Eaerth file without changing the pictures (EXIF,
> etc.). So match the pictures with their location, but only put the
> link into the kml file, and do not geotag the pictures. It could be a
> selectable option...

Yes I think it would be a nice feature I add this to my todo list.

> 2. For confort, put the points in a "Photographs" (or something like
> that) folder in the kml/kmz file (like the tracks are in a "Tracks"
> folder). It would make things easier :-)

It's available for the Google Maps version of the kml (called doc-
web.kml) but forgot to update the Google Earth version. I'll add this
soon.

> These are not big things, if i am right :-) But useful things.
>
> Because this application is really a big thing, i made a post about it
> on my blog (papics.blog.hu - in hungarian - sorry, no english
> version), and in the forum of geocaching.hu (hungarian too...).

Thanks I really appreciate your support.

The hike you did seem awsome.
if you have some public kml or kmz file you've produced with the help
of GPicSync, please don't hesitate to share them here. I will probably
set up a CMS or wiki soon and I'd love to show plenty of examples all
over the world :)

Bye

francois

terrypin

Jun 9, 2007, 6:23:44 AM6/9/07
to gpicsync

On Jun 9, 9:48 am, "francois.schn...@gmail.com"

<francois.schn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 9, 12:58 am, "Peter [kektura.eu]" <pap...@gmail.com> wrote:> Hello!
>
> Hello Peter!
>
> > Thx for this great freeware application, i will use it very very
> > often! It would be even better if the following options could be
> > included:
>
> > 1. Making the Google Eaerth file without changing the pictures (EXIF,
> > etc.). So match the pictures with their location, but only put the
> > link into the kml file, and do not geotag the pictures. It could be a
> > selectable option...
>
> Yes I think it would be a nice feature I add this to my todo list.

Francois/Peter,

Am I right that the only change made to the photo files is the
addition of the 5 geo-tag EXIF fields: GPSVersionID, GPSLatitudeRef,
GPSLatitude, GPSLongitudeRef, and GPSLongitude?

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

Peter [kektura.eu]

Jun 9, 2007, 6:53:34 AM6/9/07
to gpicsync
Thx for including these in the upcoming release! It's great!

Meanwhile, i have got an another request-idea:

3. the "problem" of GPX file splitting: i have never had any
difficulties displaying long tracks in Google Earth (continous tracks
from more than 10000 (yes, ten thousand) points) - could it be only
optional to split tracks into 500 point long parts? Or to "n" point
long parts - where "n" could be set by the user (and so with a setting
of "n" higher than "n_trackpoints", splitting could be avoided)?

Peter

> > 1. Making the Google Eaerth file without changing the pictures (EXIF,
> > etc.). So match the pictures with their location, but only put the
> > link into the kml file, and do not geotag the pictures. It could be a
> > selectable option...
>
> Yes I think it would be a nice feature I add this to my todo list.
>
> > 2. For confort, put the points in a "Photographs" (or something like
> > that) folder in the kml/kmz file (like the tracks are in a "Tracks"
> > folder). It would make things easier :-)
>
> It's available for the Google Maps version of the kml (called doc-
> web.kml) but forgot to update the Google Earth version. I'll add this
> soon.

Peter [kektura.eu]

Jun 9, 2007, 10:31:31 AM6/9/07
to gpicsync
The last (?) request:

4. It would be great, if the user could set the picture height (now
set to 400 px) manually before the kml/kmz creation.

Peter

Ps.: i will try to upload the sample kmz you asked for ;-)

francois...@gmail.com

Jun 9, 2007, 3:24:20 PM6/9/07
to gpicsync

> 2. For confort, put the points in a "Photographs" (or something like
> that) folder in the kml/kmz file (like the tracks are in a "Tracks"
> folder). It would make things easier :-)

Ok in version 1.02 placemarks of the Google Earth kml are in a
"Photos" folder like for the Google Maps version.

francois

Peter [kektura.eu]

Jun 9, 2007, 5:53:15 PM6/9/07
to gpicsync
Thx (for other improvements too)! I will test it tomorrow :-)

On Jun 9, 9:24 pm, "francois.schn...@gmail.com"