A BIG sample file :-D

Peter [kektura.eu]

Jun 15, 2007, 2:37:57 PM6/15/07
to gpicsync
Hello :-)

I made a big kmz about my hikes in Hungary on the Countrywide Blue
Tour (700 km out of 1100 completed until now):

http://www.kektura.eu/OKT.kmz

Peter

francois...@gmail.com

Jun 15, 2007, 6:54:10 PM6/15/07
to gpicsync

Wow! this is an impressive KMZ file you've made here!

There is so many picture placemarks that wen I opened the KMZ it
looked like a huge macromolecule :)
(good idea also to minimize the default size of icons in GE for this)

I've learned more about the hike here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Countrywide_Blue_Tour_in_Hungary

If you don't mind I've added the link to this page (tell me also if
you want me to modify something):
http://code.google.com/p/gpicsync/wiki/GeolocalizedExamples

It would be great if other people would share some examples of their
pictures. I really love to virtually "travel" with geolocalized
pictures and their tracklog in Google Earth. It was one of the best
part of debugging GPicSync :I had a free tour of an Arizona natural
park, saw the incredible buildings in Houg-Kong, took the boat and saw
a shark in South Africa, etc :)

Do someone know "dedicated" websites with pictures geolocalized with
their tracklogs and accessible in GE?

francois

Peter [kektura.eu]

Jun 16, 2007, 5:57:52 AM6/16/07
to gpicsync

> If you don't mind I've added the link to this page (tell me also if
> you want me to modify something):http://code.google.com/p/gpicsync/wiki/GeolocalizedExamples

Ok, it's all right, but please correct Country to Countrywide
(official name...) :-)
And this kmz is going to be a lot bigger, because ther are 400 kms
left to complete the route...
And the Wikipaedia page :-) At the bottom, in the External Links -
"PSP kéktúra oldala" is my page :-) (www.kektura.eu) and if you go
there, you can see, that i will translate it into english by the end
of the year (click to the UK flag in the front page, and you will get
to the english page - now under creation...)

Peter

francois schnell

Jun 16, 2007, 6:40:18 AM6/16/07
to gpic...@googlegroups.com
Ok, thanks I've updated the links ( don't hesitate to tell me if there
are other things to change).

Happy walking :)

francois

Peter [kektura.eu]