GperfTools installation

Md Raihan Ahmed

Jan 31, 2023, 9:19:04 PM1/31/23
to gperftools
Greetings,

I just tried installing the gperftools from source, but I couldn't. I tried to install this the following way,

cd gperftools
./autogen.sh
./configure make
sudo make install

As this didn't work, then I tried to install this using the binary,
sudo apt-get install google-perftools graphviz

Now, I just want to profile clang++. I want a output log file. That's why I am creating another environment besides LD_PRELOAD like following,
LD_PRELOAD=/usr/local/lib/libprofiler.so
CPUPROFILE=test.prof ./path/to/bin

But I am getting this error,
bash: ./bin/: Is a directory

Is it possible to create a output log file and also get the output as a picture. And how do I run the profiler with the executable. I tried adding the flag -ltcmalloc, but didn't find the test.prof.

Thanks in advance.