What/Who's behind GPeerReview?

Robert Huber

Feb 11, 2009, 4:07:15 AM2/11/09
to GPeerReview
Dear GPeerReview team,

Some people obviously assume that Google itself stands behind
gpeerreview: see e.g. http://digital-scholarship.org/digitalkoans/2009/02/09/gpeerreview-googles-peer-review-tool/..
much more such articles can be found in the blogosphere
Could you please just clarify the backgroud of this project e.g. who
you are, which institutions or organisations are involved or what
academic project it comes from etc..

best regards,
Robert

Mike Gashler

Feb 11, 2009, 8:20:31 AM2/11/09
to gpeer...@googlegroups.com
Google's only involvement so far is that they provide free hosting for open source projects. I'm the only entity really behind this project--well, and several people who have since become interested enough to join the project. I'm just a graduate student who has an idea and is trying to make it happen.

It's actually Google that plasters their logo all over my project, not the other way around. (I think they're trying to get free publicity by making themselves look like more active players in open source communities than they really are.) If Google Scholar would like to take part in this project, we'd really appreciate their backing.

-Mike