resolving gpars v1.2.1 and future versions ....

10 vues

will.w...@btinternet.com

non lue,
14 févr. 2018, 06:03:3514/02/2018
à GPars Users
when i tried to resolve gpars on maven last time on a demo project, i could not get it to resolve.  The library wasnt in the std maven repository - though the maven search on google says its there.

in order to actually get a resolved copy into my gradle build, i had to add jcenter in my repositories {} block.

there doesn't seem to be any documentation to cover this (expect this is is an fallout from the codehaus heritage) , and if version 2 is now in train it would be good to get this back into the standard repositories and make it easier to find/resolve

Russel Winder

non lue,
14 févr. 2018, 06:51:2914/02/2018
à will.w...@btinternet.com,GPars Users
On Wed, 2018-02-14 at 03:03 -0800, will.woodman via GPars Users wrote:
> when i tried to resolve gpars on maven last time on a demo project, i
> could
> not get it to resolve. The library wasnt in the std maven repository
> -
> though the maven search on google says its there.
>
> in order to actually get a resolved copy into my gradle build, i had
> to add
> jcenter in my repositories {} block.

GPars 1.2.1 was, as far as I know, published to Maven Central via the
Codehaus system. I believe no version of GPars has been published
since Codehaus went away. I am guessing someone installed it to
JCenter. Maybe as part of the Groovy releases?

> there doesn't seem to be any documentation to cover this (expect this
> is is
> an fallout from the codehaus heritage) , and if version 2 is now in
> train
> it would be good to get this back into the standard repositories and
> make
> it easier to find/resolve

I have no idea how GPars 2 will be published as yet, the infrastructure
to publish to JCenter is not in place and will have to be.

I think the standard Gradle-driven strategy: first try JCenter, then
try Maven Central.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder t: +44 20 7585 2200