RAND Policy Symposium

GPAC

Mar 31, 2010, 12:50:49 PM3/31/10
to sppd...@usc.edu, sppd...@usc.edu, gpac alumni

Dear SPPD Community,

We would like to extend an invitation to all students, faculty, and staff interested in attending this year’s RAND Policy Symposium to take place:

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

RAND Headquarters

1776 Main Street 90401

Santa Monica, CA

10:00AM- 4:30PM

The policy symposium brings students and professionals interested in the field of policy analysis to discuss some of today’s pressing issues.

We are pleased to announce Gov. Gray Davis as this year’s keynote speaker who will address California’s current fiscal crisis in a talk titled “Policy Options to Fix California’s Budget.” Following his address a panel of faculty will engage in an open dialogue to share their expert opinion on Gov. Davis’ remarks and California’s current fiscal situation.

We are also pleased to inform you that USC will be well represented with faculty and student participation in the event.

·         Dr. Juliet Musso serving as a panelist following Gray Davis’ remarks

·         A student presentation titled “A Spatial and Multivariate Analysis of Social Security Disability Insurance” by Kiran Hashmi, Lia Moore, Todd Muehlenbeck, Stephanie Rohn, and Peggy J. Vadillo

We have attached a tentative schedule for your convenience. While we encourage everyone to stay for the duration of the event we understand that some people will be unable to stay due to prior commitments.  We ask that everyone RSVP regardless of their length of stay at op...@usc.edu or ysa...@usc.edu as RAND needs an accurate number of attendees.

Lunch and Happy Hour will be provided!

Hope to see you there,

MPP Committee

GPAC

____________________________________
"Building a Community of Leaders"

Graduate Policy Administration Community
School of Policy, Planning, and Development
University of Southern California
gp...@usc.edu

GPAC on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8564018991

Add GPAC Calendar: http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=usc.edu_c1tv4al2fa64pm36o10f15dl7k%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Los_Angeles