Build apps, solve municipal problems, and WIN $150K!

1 view

noel hidalgo | personal

May 13, 2013, 11:36:07 AM5/13/13
to governmen...@googlegroups.com
Friends,

In NYC, we've retooled NYC BigApps to focus on four municipal issues. We are a few weeks away from submission and I want to remind you that ANYONE can submit and WIN!!! < http://NYCbigApps.com >

Additionally, we are down to the last four chances for you to meet with subject matter experts and build teams. If you are in NYC and want to attend a sold out event, email me personally and I will get you in.

Thanks,
Noel

==

May 16 - NYC BigApps + Huge App Design Night at Foursquare HQ

Foursquare
108 Crosby Street
New York, NY 10012

Thursday, May 16, 2013 from 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM (EDT)

Join us at the NYC BigApps App Design Meetup at Foursquare and hear how some of New York's best designers craft beautiful, creative, and original apps that are used by millions of people. Each of our fantastic speakers will share insights into their process, speak on how to design compelling apps, and more.

May 18 - NYC BigApps Cleanweb Developer Day

New Work City
412 Broadway
New York, NY 10013

Saturday, May 18, 2013 from 8:30 AM to 10:30 PM

The future of energy is as much tied to consumer behavior and consumer resources as it is tied to new technologies like wind and solar power. Come build apps that help New Yorkers live greener, more efficient lives by building on top of great data sets and APIs provided by the City and our third-party data providers.

Join us Saturday May 18th for a day-long developer day. Bring your team, refine your apps, and take advantage of the expert tech and content advisors we will have on hand to help you.

May 22 - NYC BigApps Meetup - Cleanweb: Is IT the Secret to a New Energy Future?

The Jerome L. Greene Performance Space at WNYC
44 Charlton St
New York, NY 10013

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 from 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM

Join us and a fantastic lineup of speakers (annouced soon) as we discuss the golden boy of cleantech and topic du jour, “Cleanweb.” With New York a firm leader in tech, it seems like a natural place for cleanweb to thrive. We'll explore the questions that surround cleanweb, and what companies can do to capture its momentum.

June 1 - NYC BigApps Hackathon and National Day of Civic Hacking

New York Law School
185 W Broadway
New York, NY 10013

Saturday, June 1, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM (EDT)

Join us for NYC BigApps CityCamp, a National Day of Civic Hacking event.

For BigApps participants: This is your opportunity to meet with technology experts, get feedback on your apps during Office Hours, and put the finishing touches on your NYC BigApps app.

For the general public: This is an opportunity to hear from NYC’s civic technology and civic startup community, and test out NYC BigApps submissions and tell developers what is working and what isn’t. We will be bringing together local government officials, municipal employees, experts, programmers, designers, citizens and journalists to share perspectives and insights about New York City.

--
Sent from a Apple //c Plus

Noel Hidalgo | NYC Program Manager

Join #betaNYC < http://meetup.com/betaNYC >, NYC's largest civic technology, civic startup, and open government community.