Metropolitan Revolution

1 view

Tracy Viselli

Jun 13, 2013, 3:56:15 PM6/13/13
to transpar...@googlegroups.com, governmen...@googlegroups.com, cfa-...@googlegroups.com

Hey Everyone:

Sorry for cross-posting but I wanted to share this with all of my civic hacking/transparency/digital democracy loving comrades.

I recently started working at Brookings. It houses the Metropolitan Policy Program, which I am REALLY excited to be working with.

The MPP has an interesting new book out about how power is shifting away from the federal government and states to cities and metropolitan areas since the recession—it’s called Metropolitan Revolution and it’s the kind of stuff a lot of us have been working on—engaging local government and communities.  You can watch videos on the website and attend one of the public discussions in NYC, Washington DC or Philadelphia (with more to be announced soon).

There will also be a free iPad app launched on Monday.

They gave me a discount code for the NYC event on Monday at the 92Y:  METROREV

Here’s the intro video so you get the idea: http://youtu.be/Y-pcPyds8EY

Thanks, TV

--
Yours, Tracy Viselli