How do we announce Gov 2.0 related events?

Patrick

Mar 4, 2009, 8:09:33 PM3/4/09
to Government 2.0 Camp
How do we announce relevant events/presentations to the Gov 2.0
audience and who decides which topics are acceptable?

For instance, there is a CloudCamp Federal linked to FOSE next week.
It is an unconference that follows the inaugural CloudCamp Federal
that took place back on 11/12/2008. It was a good event and cloud
computing is in my opinion a relevant ingredient of Government 2.0
(many times it seems to focus only on the collaboration/communication
part with social media tools).

So how/where to we post/announce/share such events? Can we use the
blog at government20club.org? Do we police that somehow so it doesn't
become a corporate/private sector event megaphone and/or promotion
tool? Is there a better place where all of us can post relevant event/
content? GovLoop?

Cheers,

Patrick
Microsoft

corbett3000

Mar 4, 2009, 8:24:01 PM3/4/09
to Government 2.0 Camp
All good questions and some of which will be more formally figured out
during gov20camp (i.e. how do we use gov20club).

That being said, you might want to add a post to government20club.org
as long as it 'doesn't sell' those events. I'd put it in govloop and
the facebook group as well (why not the linkedin while you're at it!).
Mark could tweet it from gov20camp's twitter saying there's a camp out
there people might like.

Joe Boutte

Mar 4, 2009, 8:31:27 PM3/4/09
to governmen...@googlegroups.com
There are announcements on Twitter, GovLoop, TFCN, Intellipedia, blogs, Yammer, etc.  The only thing we are missing is TV and Radio.  It's on FaceBook too.
Joe

703-869-9700(c)
Help me fight cancer
http://main.acsevents.org/goto/jpboutte

FaceBook-http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1386030541
Twitter- http://twitter.com/JoeBoutte
Del.icio.us Inbox http://delicious.com/inbox/bjoe53

Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:  But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.  Isaiah 40:30-31

Andrea Baker

Mar 4, 2009, 8:46:09 PM3/4/09
to governmen...@googlegroups.com
My suggestion is that Maxine get in touch with Amy Morris (@amorris_wfed) or Christopher Dorobek (@cdorobek) and promote the event on The Daily Debrief, on Federal News Radio. I suggest Maxine because I would like to see her get a little more publicity as the other founders have a little more publicity than she does. I just spoke with Amy today and have done an interview before on the show and I believe this is the perfect venue. I think Amy would agree. they are both on twitter and are very engaged with their followers. And you can tell them it was my suggestion as an icebreaker.

If you want a connection with FOSE/GovSEC I can also help with that, as I have been working with them to promote the event via social media.

Andrea R. Baker
Enterprise / Government 2.0 Advocate
310.439.8309

Director of Technology - Navstar, Inc.
Social Web Evangelist
http://andrearbaker.com
Chat: Google Talk: vindictiveimmunity Skype: andrea.r.baker
Contact Me: LinkedinFacebookFlickrTwitter

Joe Boutte

Mar 4, 2009, 8:56:11 PM3/4/09
to governmen...@googlegroups.com
GovLoop has a "project of the week" that started today.

maxine

Mar 10, 2009, 4:01:03 PM3/10/09
to Government 2.0 Camp
Very kind of you, Andrea. I am, indeed, in touch with Chris.

On Mar 4, 9:46 pm, Andrea Baker <vindictiveimmun...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> >> blog at government20club.org? Do we police that somehow so it doesn't
> >> become a corporate/private sector event megaphone and/or promotion
> >> tool?  Is there a better place where all of us can post relevant event/
> >> content? GovLoop?
>
> >> Cheers,
>
> >> Patrick
> >> Microsoft
>
> > --
> > --
> > Joe
>
> >              70...       (c)
> > Del.icio.us Inboxhttp://delicious.com/inbox/bjoe53
>
> > Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly
> > fall:  But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they
> > shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and
> > they shall walk, and not faint.  Isaiah 40:30-31- Hide quoted text -

Christopher Dorobek

Mar 10, 2009, 5:24:15 PM3/10/09
to governmen...@googlegroups.com
Federal News Radio 1500 will be there -- so you got radio covered :-)
cjd

christopher j. dorobek
co-anchor, The Daily Debrief with Chris Dorobek and Amy Morris
Federal News Radio 1500 AM
http://www.federalnewsradio.com
BEST e-mail: cdor...@chrisdorobek.com
phone: 202.658.8590