eDemocracyCamp2 -- Citizen participation, anyone?

Wayne Moses Burke

Apr 6, 2009, 8:18:59 AM4/6/09
to governmen...@googlegroups.com
Hello fellow Government 2.0 Campers!

I wanted to make you all aware of, and invite you to a barcamp/unconference taking place right here in Washington, DC on April 19th (it's a Sunday). It's called eDemocracyCamp2 and it's focused specifically on how online technologies can be used to engage citizens in their government. It is (of course) free and open to all attendees, so if you have an interest in this topic please rsvp so we know how much food to provide!

This is the second year of eDemocracyCamp and it is an official pre-conference event to the Politics Online Conference. A skim through the attendee list shows that it will be filled with fascinating discussions about what's going on, and what should be going on, in order to empower citizens to participate in policymaking and federal agency programs.

Read all about the event at http://barcamp.org/eDemocracyCamp2
Register to attend (and see the attendee list) at http://edemocracy.eventbrite.com
Sponsor the event by contacting me (or any other organizer)

Happy Cherry Blossoms!
Wayne

---
Wayne Moses Burke
Executive Director
Open Forum Foundation
http://openforumfoundation.org
202.640.1787
LinkedIn.com/in/wmburke

"Giving you a voice in the decisions that shape your world"