Venue visit & other key dates

maxine

Mar 13, 2009, 12:21:09 PM3/13/09
to Government 2.0 Camp
Hi everyone

I'm in the process of scheduling a site visit for a team of us on
Thursday, 3/19 around 1pm. I will let you know the final time & plan
when I hear back from Ron Newman, our contact at Duke Ellington. I'm
hoping that Matt, Wayne and Lovisa can attend, as well as anyone else
who can take the time.

The preliminary agenda for this visit is:
- Finalize the rooms we'd like to use (see list of spaces below.
these are CONSERVATIVE estimates based only on how many chairs are
currently set classroom style in each of these rooms. I'd estimate
that we could put 2x in many of the classrooms noted as 25) and the
set up we'll need for each
- Get a good understanding of our technical needs will be: what
they'll provide and what we'll need to bring, e.g. wifi, screens,
projectors, powercords, etc.
- Think through the days of the unconference and how it will work--
food, transport, etc.

I hope that you can attend our next volunteers' informal dinner (read:
pizza) meeting from on 3/22 at Jeffrey Levy's house in Arlington
(details & address to follow). I think we'll do it at 6:30 or so, but
again, details TBD.

Additionally, please plan to participate in a planning meeting the
night before the big event: 3/26.

Thanks!
Maxine

AVAILABLE ROOMS:
Ellington Theatre - 839 seats
Ellington Gallery - 75 seats
Rehearsal Hall - 75 seats
Banquet Hall - 150 seats
Classrooms 101 - 25 seats
Classrooms 108 - 25 seats
Classrooms 116 - 25 seats
Classrooms 117 - 25 seats
Classrooms 120 - 15 seats
Classrooms 205 - 25 seats
Classrooms 216 - 25 seats
Classrooms 220 - 25 seats
Media Center/Computer Lab - 25 seats

Matt Topper

Mar 13, 2009, 5:32:51 PM3/13/09
to governmen...@googlegroups.com
I'd love to make it, but I'm at a customer at 1pm on Thursday.  I should be able to make it into the city between 3-3:30 but my guess is that you'll be gone by then.  Will they have classes going on in the rooms at that time? Just trying to think if we'll actually be able to look at the classrooms

Lovisa

Mar 15, 2009, 1:52:21 PM3/15/09
to Government 2.0 Camp
Unfortunately, I have a meeting scheduled for 1pm on Thursday that I
can't move. I could do later in the afternoon (after 3pm) if that
would work. No problems on the 22nd. I make a great antipasta salad
and will bring that for the planning meeting.

-Lovisa