Duke Ellington Technology Setup

Matt Topper

Mar 9, 2009, 11:28:46 PM3/9/09
to Government 2.0 Camp
Now that we have a venue in place its time for Joe, Steve and myself
to take a trip and figure out what the technology layout looks like.

Maxine, have you talked to anyone about what we're allowed to use
there or if we need to bring our own? I'd be more than happy to reach
out and find out if you can point me to a contact.

Joe/Steve do you have a night/afternoon this week that we could head
over and run some tests, check out the power situation, etc.

If they don't have bandwidth I can ask Evan Light who ran the Rails
Camp here in DC last fall if we can borrow the 3G routers he had. I
have one of my own, hopefully we can find some people who are willing
to loan their cards for the day.

maxine

Mar 10, 2009, 4:03:29 PM3/10/09
to Government 2.0 Camp
Matt,
Thanks very much for grabbing the baton on this. I am awaiting the
following from Duke Ellington:
- Contract
- List of available rooms & their capacities
- Caterer's name & phone number
- Contact info for a technical contact whom we can be in touch with
re: A/V, wi-fi, projectors & screens, etc.
- Info about parking: are there any lots--teacher's lots, etc. that we
can use on the days of our event

Once I receive these things, we can assign a volunteer lead for each
and divide & conquer. I expect to receive this info tomorrow.

Lovisa

Mar 11, 2009, 8:49:14 AM3/11/09
to Government 2.0 Camp
Matt & Maxine,

We will need access to the firewall or at least be able to give them a
list of ports that needed to be open for successfully using Second
Life. Happy to provide list of ports and if need be come help test.
Even if we test soon, we will need to do a dress rehersal the day
before to ensure everything is configured properly.

-Lovisa