GOV 2.0 CAMP MEETING UPDATE AND TIME CHANGE

maxine

Mar 17, 2009, 10:28:40 AM3/17/09
to Government 2.0 Camp
TIME CHANGE: Unfortunately, our contact at Duke Ellington, Ron, is
only able to meet with us this THURSDAY, 3/19 AT 12:00 NOON AT 3500 R
STREET, NW, DUKE ELLINGTON. I know that this is not ideal, as many
folks can't meet until later, but we've got to go with his schedule
(the reason is because the entire school is going on a field trip that
afternoon into evening and he is part of that).

So, please let me know if you CAN make it at 12 NOON THIS THURSDAY.
If you cannot, but have questions (Matt, Lovisa, etc.) either send a
representative or send the questions to me ahead of time. If you're
accessible by phone at that time, I can call you for further
clarification, if necessary. When you go in (through security), tell
them you're here to see Ron Newman.

Our VOLUNTEERS MEETING WILL BE THIS SUNDAY EVENING, 3/22 AT 6:30pm at
iStrategyLabs' offices at 1510 19th Street NW (Dupont Circle). We
will order pizza. If you have a chance and can bring something like a
bottle of soda, wine, napkins, plates, plastic forks, etc., that would
be great.

Will will have lots of jobs that need to get done coming out of these
two meetings, so stay tuned for ways to help if you're unable to
attend the meeting on Sunday....

Thanks so much,
Maxine
max...@mixtmediastrategies.com

Lovisa

Mar 17, 2009, 11:06:42 AM3/17/09
to Government 2.0 Camp
I will bring my antipasta salad, bottle of wine or two and
plasticware. I always have a few spare bottles around the house! ;)

I will pull a list together and send separately.

-Lovisa

Katherine Tobin

Mar 17, 2009, 11:09:31 AM3/17/09
to governmen...@googlegroups.com
I'll make dessert. How many ppl are we expecting, approximately?

--Katie
--
Katherine S. Tobin
Washington, DC

Carmela Aquino

Mar 17, 2009, 1:12:07 PM3/17/09
to governmen...@googlegroups.com
Sounds great!  I can bring drinks as well.  Should we maybe take a head count of how many people are planning to come to the volunteers meeting?

-- Carmela

Lovisa

Mar 17, 2009, 4:51:56 PM3/17/09
to Government 2.0 Camp
Maxine et al,

Here is the link to the specs for the firewall etc. in order to run
Second Life. http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Voice/Technical. We
would need voice and video capabilities. I assume the school won't
have as strict restrictions on their network and firewall as we do so
hopefully it will be easier. I'd be happy to come in and test prior
to show time. In fact I highly recommend this.

For equipment, it would be nice to have one large flat panel screen
with a decent audio system. If we can't get this, then if we can get
a screen for projecting Second Life that would be good. We can bring
a projector and if need be we have some cheesy speakers. They will
work, but won't be anything very impressive. We just need to know
what will be provided and what we need to bring. Of course everyone
is planning on bringing their laptops.

I will add the Second Life session with NOAA, NDU and Pam Renoir (I
always forget her rl name!) to the wiki. We wanted to do this on Day
2 as part of the hands on Tech Garage thing. We plan on showcasing
how the government (Fed, state and local) are using virtual world
technology, will give a general tour of how others are using SL, help
get people set up with their avatars and just generally be available
to answer questions. More on that in a bit.

-Lovisa

On Mar 17, 1:12 pm, Carmela Aquino <carmela.aqu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sounds great!  I can bring drinks as well.  Should we maybe take a head
> count of how many people are planning to come to the volunteers meeting?
> -- Carmela
>

> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 11:09 AM, Katherine Tobin <ktto...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'll make dessert. How many ppl are we expecting, approximately?
>
> > --Katie
>
> > Washington, DC- Hide quoted text -

Steve Ressler

Mar 18, 2009, 12:31:15 PM3/18/09
to governmen...@googlegroups.com
I'm in Florida until next Monday so I'll have to miss both meetings.  I'll try to take some tasks from the follow-up.

I did order 26 t-shirts today through Zazzle.  They are $20 each and if I sell them all there will be $20 profit which I'll donate back to the fund (or maybe just buy a case of beer for the group).

They are American Apparel-based shirts and I have 5 medium, 10 large, and 11 x-large.

If you want to reserve one, let me know (email me directly, not the list) and I'll make sure to keep one for you.  Hopefully they'll turn out fun.

-Steve

patrick svenburg

Mar 18, 2009, 2:13:42 PM3/18/09
to governmen...@googlegroups.com
Maxine et al,

my calendar just cleared up, I'll be there for the walk through tomorrow Thursday at Duke Ellington.

I will be at the 3/22 planning meeting as well. I can bring beers/whatever.

Cheers,

Patrick

Andrea Baker

Mar 18, 2009, 2:29:44 PM3/18/09
to governmen...@googlegroups.com
I have it on my calendar to attend the volunteers meeting. I can make something to nosh on as well if wanted.

Mike King

Mar 22, 2009, 5:27:37 PM3/22/09
to Government 2.0 Camp
I can't make it to the volunteer meeting tonight, but I'm available to
help with whatever is needed -- including photography, tech setup,
admin stuff, etc.

Mike King

On Mar 18, 2:29 pm, Andrea Baker <vindictiveimmun...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have it on my calendar to attend the volunteers meeting. I can make
> something to nosh on as well if wanted.
>
> On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 2:13 PM, patrick svenburg <svenb...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > Maxine et al,
>
> > my calendar just cleared up, I'll be there for the walk through tomorrow
> > Thursday at Duke Ellington.
>
> > I will be at the 3/22 planning meeting as well. I can bring beers/whatever.
>
> > Cheers,
>
> > Patrick
>
> > On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 12:31, Steve Ressler <sress...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> I'm in Florida until next Monday so I'll have to miss both meetings.  I'll
> >> try to take some tasks from the follow-up.
>
> >> I did order 26 t-shirts today through Zazzle.  They are $20 each and if I
> >> sell them all there will be $20 profit which I'll donate back to the fund
> >> (or maybe just buy a case of beer for the group).
>
> >> They are American Apparel-based shirts and I have 5 medium, 10 large, and
> >> 11 x-large.
>
> >> If you want to reserve one, let me know (email me directly, not the list)
> >> and I'll make sure to keep one for you.  Hopefully they'll turn out fun.
>
> >> -Steve

bendygirl

Mar 22, 2009, 6:21:51 PM3/22/09
to Government 2.0 Camp
I can't make the volunteer meeting tonight.

I will try to call in, but were there documents on google docs to
review for tonight 's meeting? I can't seem to find any.

Also, I'm available for Friday and Saturday to volunteer. I have a
class offering for Friday, but I can do that on Saturday as well (and
I'd actually like to if the class is selected to go).

I can volunteer in just about any capacity, please just assign me a
duty or tasks.

Kirsten

Whitney

Mar 22, 2009, 6:48:46 PM3/22/09
to Government 2.0 Camp
Hi guys! There are/were three of us on the conference call line
tonight to volunteer! :)

Please let us know what we can do...

@mrscarpediem
@communitymaps
@jedsundwall

Matt Topper

Mar 22, 2009, 7:06:33 PM3/22/09
to governmen...@googlegroups.com
Come on back now, we just finished up dinner.