Open Source for America

john scott

Jul 22, 2009, 7:01:01 AM7/22/09
to Government 2.0 Camp
Hi All, we've launched Open Source for America

join up sign up!!

http://opensourceforamerica.org/

All I can say is it's about time, today we've launched the Open Source
for America Campaign. The press release says it all:

The mission of Open Source for America is to serve as a centralized
advocate and to encourage broader U.S. Federal Government support of
and participation in free and open source software. Specifically, Open
Source for America will: help effect change in policies and practices
to allow the federal government to better utilize these technologies;
help coordinate these communities to collaborate with the federal
government on technology requirements; and raise awareness and create
understanding among federal government leaders about the values and
implications of open source software.

Great group of individuals and companies involved see:

About Open Source for America Open Source for America is a coalition
of industry leaders, non-government groups and academic/research
institutions organized to serve as a centralized advocate, to
encourage broader U.S. Federal Government support of and participation
in free and open source software. Membership in Open Source for
America is open to any individual or entity signing the campaign's
mission pledge.

Learn more and sign up to join ! at http://www.opensourceforamerica.org
We are also planning on having various working groups focusing on
health, energy, education, defense and cyber issues.

You can also on Twitter at http://twitter.com/OpenSourceGov