An Experience of Self-Discovery and Awareness

1 view

govolunteergroups

May 14, 2009, 11:54:12 PM5/14/09
to Government 2.0 Camp
Hello there. I want to share my experience as a volunteer in India. I
am of Indian descent but I grew up at the States. When I have first
learned about GoVolunteerIndia it awakened an interest that I never
knew existed until that very moment. On that moment, I promised myself
to go back to my homeland as an agent of social change and reform. I
signed up at GoVolunteerIndia as a Diaspora volunteer. During my stay
at India, my thoughts was opened by the many concerning issues about
humanity in the country. I was given a very rare opportunity to
rediscover my roots and be able to explore my identity as I work to
improve the lives around me. I had a great time sharing my knowledge
and at the same time I have the chance to learn my birthright’s rich
culture. The whole experience had broadened my perspective and
fulfilled my earnest desire for self-discovery through humane service.
If you are of Indian descent, I am inviting you to take part in this
opportunity to make a difference. Visit http://www.govolunteerindia.org/
for more information.