Midnight! Invite to Poplus Online Hangout Wed Feb 18 (technically Feb 19 in parts of Australia)

Steven Clift

Feb 11, 2015, 10:01:00 PM2/11/15
to gov20c...@googlegroups.com, li...@anu.edu.au

For many of you this will be Midnight in Eastern Australia, but fear not, I know you can be there or at least tune-in to the recording on-demand and add questions for written responses in the morning.

While many of you have already joined the Poplus online group (350+ members, 63 countries) and shared an awesome introduction - http://bit.ly/poplusintros - I wanted to make sure the "what the heck is Poplus?" Hangout next week is on your radar.

Until the clocks change again, only the Kiwis and West Coast U.S. folks are truly in the middle of the night, while the rest of the world can be awake.

We need more Australians to join this global network.

- Steven Clift

P.S. BTW congrats to Cuttlefish the transactional email server is the first Australian-based "Poplus component" now on the reusable civic tech global stage. See: http://poplus.org/posts/email-is-your-secret-weapon/

Hello, you are invited to get involved with Poplus.org. Here are two timely opportunities:

poplusgroup.jpg

Poplus is a global federation for the next generation of civic tech. We share knowledge and technology to help our organisations help citizens. We do this through collaborative civic coding. We share reusable open source civic technology components. We leverage open government data or make our own across many countries.

This online video-based event specially invites those new to Poplus. Everyone is welcome.

RSVP here to watch live (13:00 UTC, see your local time) on Feb 18. The presentation includes Tom Steinberg with mySociety and a few project participants from around the world on the Hangout-on-Air “stage.” Questions will be taken via comments on the Hangout event page. The video stream is one-way, commenting two-way.

About Poplus

Founded by CiudadnoInteligente.org based in Chile and mySociety.org based in the UK, the international civic tech federation was launched at the first PoplusCon in April 2014. Watch this short video to see civic tech collaboration in action! Visit Poplus.org (en español) for full details.

How to get involved?

For questions about Poplus, post to our friendly online group or contact our engagement team.

Thank you,

Steven Clift
Engagement Lead, Poplus.org
Executive Director, E-Democracy.org