LinkedIn spam - my apologies!

Pia Waugh

Mar 30, 2013, 3:52:27 PM3/30/13
to pia waugh
Hi all,

I'm so sorry for the LinkedIn spam you all received last night. I stupidly selected something on LinkedIn that then, rather insidiously, emailed all my contacts invitations to connect, and would have then sent weekly reminders. It was unintentional and I apologise.

I have cleaned up the "outstanding invitations" stuff on LinkedIn, have removed all of the imported contacts and it shouldn't bother you again.

For those who have LinkedIn and have accepted or who actually want to connect, please just go through LinkedIn to do it. And make sure you don't make my mistake :)

Cheers,
A rather embarrassed and annoyed Pia

Chris Watkins

Apr 2, 2013, 6:38:19 PM4/2/13
to gov20c...@googlegroups.com

I'm sure you've made a lot of people feel better about the mistakes they've made. Even Pia can get caught out :)

I had my Gmail password phished once - I was lucky to realize in time to change my password.