12 March (next tues) - Meet actual employees from Twitter at next Canberra Gov 2.0 lunch time event

Pia Waugh

Mar 7, 2013, 1:31:17 AM3/7/13
to gov20c...@googlegroups.com
Thought a few people might be interested in this :) Apologies for the short notice, we found out just a couple of days ago.

RSVP quick, we've had 60 regos in only a day - http://gov20actmar2013.eventbrite.com/

Cheers, Pia

From the event page:

This month we have some special guests from Twitter to talk to you. Our apologies for the short notice but we only just found out and didn't want to miss the opportunity for you :)

Adam and Mike will present case studies and examples from across the world to show how government agencies are establishing a presence on Twitter to engage with members of government, international institutions and domestic citizenry to achieve extraordinary outcomes.

A huge thanks as always to DEEWR for generously offering their excellent lecture theatre as a venue for this Gov 2.0 catch up. They have run loads of fantastic events, some of which have been livestreamed and you can find useful Gov 2.0 content from previous events at http://www.deewr.gov.au/department/theatre/pages/previousevents.aspx

You can view some previous Gov 2.0 lunchtime content at http://soundcloud.com/opengov/

Please note, we are not providing food, but you are welcome to either eat beforehand, or join us for lunch at the cafe next door afterwards.

Update: Please not, we don't do lightening talks this session, so we can make the most of the access to Mike and Adam :)

Date: 12 March 2013

Time: 1pm - 2pm

Place: DEEWR Theatre, 50 Marcus Clarke Rd, Civic

Cost: Free

Format:

  • Brief introduction and welcome: 2 mins
  • Presentation from Adam and Mike as above with Q&A - 45 mins
  • Short presentation from DEEWR - 5 mins
  • Short wrapup - 5 mins
  • Please note: No food/drink allowed in the theatre.

Speakers:

Mike Brown is Director of Market Development at Twitter. Mike's responsibility is to grow Twitter's user base in priority markets outside the United States. Recently, Mike has been leading Twitter's efforts to establish an Australian presence by hiring a local team and working closely with some of the leading organizations in Australia.

Adam Sharp is Head of News and Government for Twitter. Adam works closely with News organizations to help them use Twitter to achieve their goals of improved news reporting and superior content syndication. Adam also leads Twitter's team dedicated to empowering government agencies and individual members of government. Government agencies and individual representatives (and their staff) employ Twitter to educate and inform citizens, provide superior government responsiveness and collect actionable feedback on public opinion and sentiment.