2001CRE2137 AMARILLO HIGH SCHOOL LADY SANDIES VOLLEYBALL TEAM WINS STATE TITLE

robop...@us.govnews.org

Nov 28, 2001, 10:35:14 AM11/28/01
Archive-Name: gov/us/fed/congress/record/2001/nov/27/2001CRE2137
[Congressional Record: November 27, 2001 (Extensions)]
[Page E2137]
From the Congressional Record Online via GPO Access [wais.access.gpo.gov]
[DOCID:cr27no01-23]

AMARILLO HIGH SCHOOL LADY SANDIES VOLLEYBALL TEAM WINS STATE TITLE
CHAMPIONSHIP

______

HON. LARRY COMBEST

of texas

in the house of representatives

Tuesday, November 27, 2001

Mr. COMBEST. Mr. Speaker, I rise today to congratulate the members of
the Amarillo High woman's volleyball team in their great victory in the
class 5A state championship. Their November 17th triumph marks the
fourth state championship title for the Lady Sandies, an accomplishment
that is truly deserving of recognition and praise.
The Amarillo High woman's volleyball program has been built upon a
solid foundation of hard work, dedication and sportsmanship. This
year's team had a strong season with an impressive 37-2 record. The
Lady Sandies played every game with powerful determination and energy.
This team showcases the ability of today's youth to pull together as a
team to reach their goals, and support one another.
It is with great pride that I recognize the members of the Amarillo
High's Lady Sandies volleyball team and their coaches for this
accomplishment, as well as the administration and fans that carried
them to victory. Thanks to their tremendous efforts, Amarillo, Texas is
now home to the 2001-2002 Class 5A State Champions. I salute the Lady
Sandies for bringing home another state volleyball title.