2001CRE2139 COMMEMORATING THE RETIREMENT OF JAMES BEAVER, SERGEANT OF THE POLICE

robop...@us.govnews.org

Nov 28, 2001, 10:35:17 AM11/28/01
Archive-Name: gov/us/fed/congress/record/2001/nov/27/2001CRE2139
[Congressional Record: November 27, 2001 (Extensions)]
[Page E2139]
From the Congressional Record Online via GPO Access [wais.access.gpo.gov]
[DOCID:cr27no01-32]

COMMEMORATING THE RETIREMENT OF JAMES BEAVER, SERGEANT OF THE POLICE
DEPARTMENT AT CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, LONG BEACH

______

HON. STEPHEN HORN

of california

in the house of representatives

Tuesday, November 27, 2001

Mr. HORN. Mr. Speaker, I rise today to recognize the retirement of
James Beaver. Sergeant Beaver has served with distinction for nearly 30
yeas as a member of the Police Department at California State
University, Long Beach.
Sergeant James Beaver came to the CSULB Police Department after
serving our country in Vietnam as a member of the Army. Upon his
return, Sergeant Beaver found a calling in public service that appealed
to him strongly, and joined the Campus Police on September 6, 1972,
During his tenure, Sergeant Beaver has provided University students,
staff and guests with the highest levels of professional police
service. He has distinguished himself in perhaps the highest order of
being an unparalleled mentor of colleagues and new officers for nearly
three decades. Sergeant Beaver has been a model member of both his
profession and his community.
Sergeant Beaver will close his professional police career effective
December 31, 2001. When he retires, Sergeant Beaver will look back on a
career that spanned a period of unprecedented change in our country,
and extraordinary dynamic growth in our nation's colleges and
universities.
So best wishes to Sergeant Beaver. He will be missed but not
forgotten by all those friends and colleagues who will gather on
December 22 to wish him the very best for a long, active and healthy
retirement.