Getting close with Windows Server and IIS

David Baker

Oct 23, 2018, 12:24:06 PM10/23/18
to Guide on the Side discussion
I've copied my GotS instance to IIS and MySQL and I'm able to bring up the main page. I'm running into problems when I navigate to one of the tutorials, though.

I'm getting the following when I visit one of the tutorials:

I have the following rewrite rules set up in IIS, which I imported from the .htaccess files:

Anybody have any experience setting up Guide on the Side with IIS that may have some tips? I'm pretty sure it's related to rewrite rules, but I'm not sure.

Message has been deleted

David Baker

Oct 23, 2018, 12:33:03 PM10/23/18
to Guide on the Side discussion
Attached my screenshots
2018-10-23 12_20_49-Guide on the Side_ Tutorials.png
2018-10-23 12_22_03-webvm - Remote Desktop Connection.png
2018-10-23 12_22_27-404 - File or directory not found..png

Mike Hagedon

Nov 2, 2018, 6:18:46 PM11/2/18
to Guide on the Side discussion
Thanks for working on GotS on IIS!

With the caveat that I haven't tried these things, have you seen these CakePHP docs?

Mike

David Baker

Nov 5, 2018, 8:59:24 AM11/5/18
to Guide on the Side discussion
Mike, Thanks for the reply. I was able to get GotS working in IIS the other day. The CakePHP documentation was helpful when I was working on this. I believe the biggest problem I ran into was the folder I had as my web root. I had the root folder as my webroot, but it should've been the app\webroot\ folder. This was a helpful question:

Here's the rewrite rule I'm using in my web.config

<rewrite>

<rules>

<rule name="CakePHP" stopProcessing="true">

<match url="^(.*)$" ignoreCase="false" />

<conditions>

<add input="{REQUEST_FILENAME}" matchType="IsDirectory" ignoreCase="false" negate="true" />

<add input="{REQUEST_FILENAME}" matchType="IsFile" ignoreCase="false" negate="true" />

</conditions>

<action type="Rewrite" url="index.php" appendQueryString="true" />

</rule>

</rules>
</rewrite>

Once my webroot was correct and my rewrite rules were in place, everything was good.

David