Do existing tutorials transfer when we upgrade?

bmi...@marymount.edu

Jun 6, 2018, 3:54:27 PM6/6/18
to Guide on the Side discussion
We are running the old version of GoTS and are considering upgrading before we create a new suite of tutorials over the summer.  Will our existing tutorials be available in our accounts when we upgrade?

Also, I understand from previous posts the white screen of death is a result of websites blocking framing - did this improve at all with the upgrade?  For some reason this week my library's site has blocked GoTS from running unless in pop up mode (https://www.marymount.edu/Academics/Library-Learning-Services).

Thanks in advance and apologies for my basic/newbie questions!!!

Mike Hagedon

Jun 11, 2018, 2:19:35 PM6/11/18
to Guide on the Side discussion
Yes, existing tutorials will still be available if you follow the upgrade instructions. The directions strongly encourage backing up your database, too, if something does go awry. But GotS is designed to retain data on upgrade.

Re: frame blocking, if you already have pop-up mode enabled, that's all GotS can do currently. We've been discussing some ideas for improving that, but it's not a exactly a bug... browsers are rightly enacting more security around frames.

If you have some control over your site, you could prevent it from sending the HTTP header and value "X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN".

No problem at all... those are good questions!

Mike