New Tutorial only displays "certificate of completion"

Dave Bartos

May 28, 2015, 3:09:17 PM5/28/15
to gots-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

First let me say I'm really excited to start using GotS - I'm at a public library and we are switching to a new online catalog soon. I think it will be the perfect tool to put some extra help in place for patrons as they get used to the new interface!

I had no problem installing GotS - it is on our bluehost.com server. I did have to copy over the TinyMCE files as others had in order to see the text editor, but other than that it is in place perfectly. The sample tutorials play through just fine.

The problem I'm having is, when I create a tutorial and then add some content, when I click "preview" I see a certificate of completion email request that I didn't create (see attached). None of the content I added is coming through in the tutorial.

I'd appreciate any ideas to work this out. Thanks so much, and I'm glad to be a part of the GotS community!

Dave Bartos
User Experience Librarian
Morse Institute Library
Natick, MA
morseGotS.PNG

Mike Hagedon

Jun 24, 2015, 8:49:53 PM6/24/15
to gots-d...@googlegroups.com, dba...@minlib.net
Hi Dave,
Sorry for the delay... I'm glad you're excited about GotS!

Interesting! I wonder if the tutorial didn't save before you previewed?

Mike

Dave Bartos

Jun 29, 2015, 1:09:39 PM6/29/15
to gots-d...@googlegroups.com, dba...@minlib.net
Hi Mike,

I tried it with saving the tutorial and just some test text, and still only see the certificate of completion form.

Just now I was getting some weird "flex_auth" errors, but those seem to have cleared up.

Thanks!
Dave

Mike Hagedon

Jul 11, 2015, 2:41:48 PM7/11/15
to gots-d...@googlegroups.com, dba...@minlib.net
Is the tutorial content still appearing the edit interface?

Dave Bartos

Jul 13, 2015, 11:47:32 AM7/13/15
to gots-d...@googlegroups.com
*facepalm* I neglected to put in chapters, which makes all the difference. Now with chapters it is displaying the

It is still showing the certificate at the end. I have this unchecked in the information, since I don't need the certificate function for this tutorial. So there still seems to be that error happening, but at least I have my content showing now so not that huge an issue.

Thanks!

On Sat, Jul 11, 2015 at 2:41 PM, Mike Hagedon <michael...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is the tutorial content still appearing the edit interface?

Dave Bartos • User Experience Librarian
14 East Central Street, Natick, MA 01760

Dave Bartos

Jul 13, 2015, 11:57:59 AM7/13/15
to gots-d...@googlegroups.com
Nope I've got that now too - unchecking the certificate and then saving the tutorial, and then reloading the preview worked perfectly. I am all set, thanks!

Dave

Cindy Harper

Feb 16, 2018, 8:51:10 PM2/16/18
to Guide on the Side discussion
Hi. I'm also trying to run this on Bluehost, and my TinyMCE doesn't work. WHat is this about havng to copy over the TinyMCE files?
I also noted a delay on Bluehost in getting new content to display, and when this happened, I might not see my page content before my certifcate. But You've fixed that by now.  Anyway,
Cindy