Where's the coding for the new pop up mode?

bmi...@marymount.edu

Jun 26, 2018, 3:11:10 PM6/26/18
to Guide on the Side discussion
I absoultely love the new instructions for the pop up mode included in the Google Scholar demo http://code.library.arizona.edu/gots-sample/tutorial/google-scholar---popup-demo .  Is there code out there for this new feature that we can add?  I thought it may be part of an upgrade but we are already using 1.0beta4 so I am wondering how I can make this new fancy pop up instructions happen at my school?  Thanks in advance for the help!
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

William Simpson

Jun 26, 2018, 6:56:35 PM6/26/18
to Guide on the Side discussion
Glad to hear that you like the changes!  The code changes are in the master branch of the repository, so if you're using 1.0beta4 you won't have them.  There are two ways you can get the new changes:

* If you've checked out GotS using Git, make a backup copy of your active site and then check out the master branch.  Copy config.yml.sample to config.yml and then update it with the correct database credentials and other values from your the copy of config.yml in your backup.

* If you've used the pre-build package or don't feel comfortable checking out the master branch and you're not using a custom theme, you can download Popup.zip file I've attached and unzip it in the themes/Themed directory under your GotS install.  Then edit your config.yml file and change the theme: value to be Popup.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,
-Will

William Simpson