Link issue in Chrome and Safari

Graham Sherriff

Aug 7, 2020, 4:15:02 PM8/7/20
to Guide on the Side discussion
Does anyone have any suggestions for what is causing the following issue in my library's tutorials?

In Chrome and Safari, clicking on a link in the left-side window sometimes is successful in loading content in the right-side window; sometimes nothing happens. In either situation, clicking on any other left-side link thereafter fails to load the content in the right-side window.

It does not matter whether the link is in a tutorial created several years ago or today. It does not matter whether the link is on our domain, it does not matter whether the URL is proxied.

All links work just fine in Firefox.

I am feeling stumped.  :/

Augusto Consing

Nov 12, 2020, 5:02:11 PM11/12/20
to Guide on the Side discussion
We are experiencing the same behavior at our library too.

Jagan Mohan

Nov 22, 2021, 11:01:05 PM11/22/21
to Guide on the Side discussion
Any update on this please?
Or is the whole project dead?
Thanks and have a great holiday season ahead!

Eric Bradley

Nov 24, 2021, 9:37:30 AM11/24/21
to Guide on the Side discussion
I can't speak to this specific issue, but in regards to the whole project we are still using GOTS as some schools in the PALNI consortium. However the PALNI staff who maintain GOTS are working to move schools to other alternatives. Some PALNI schools are considering Sidecar Learning (made the original GOTS developers) while others are using Springshare's LibWizard. At Goshen College we have not made a final decision one way or another. I wish there was enough support to keep a open source solution going but understand the reasons why or why this would not happen.

Eric

--
Eric Bradley
Librarian - Head of Research & Instruction