Future of Guide on the Side

Mike Hagedon

Jul 26, 2019, 1:48:06 PM7/26/19
to Guide on the Side discussion
Hi Guide on the Side community,
The Guide on the Side software has not had major feature development since 2015. The University of Arizona Libraries (UAL) has implemented minor fixes as recently as December because we still use it ourselves.

So to recognize the status quo, we want to say officially that UAL is not currently planning to release any future updates to Guide on the Side. There are details that we’re working out internally, and we’ll let the community know any relevant pieces as we figure them out.

The code will remain open source on GitHub, freely available to run and modify according to the license terms.

We welcome your questions,
Mike Hagedon
Co-creator, Guide on the Side
Team Lead for Software & Web Development, Technology Strategy & Services, University of Arizona Libraries

Jen Church-Duran
Department Head, Research & Learning, University of Arizona Libraries