GOTP Dinner next Wednesday ??

NOY BURANAKUL

Oct 11, 2021, 12:27:57 AM10/11/21
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Dear GOTP friends,

Next Wednesday 20th October, a few of us are planning to get together for dinner at Roadhouse BBQ on the corner of Rama 4 and Surawongse Road starting at 5pm.  It has been too long we have not gotten together and there are some new joiners to GOTP whom many haven't met.  There have also been a few of us who have left or are going to leave Thailand, unfortunately.  So if you are able to make it, do join.  There will be some "beverages' available to be served to us on the top floor of the restaurant. However, as we are sensitive to the situation around restrictions on alcoholic beverages being served in restaurants, we would like to ask everyone to likewise please be sensitive and sensible. That is why we will keep the numbers to a maximum of 15 of us for next Wednesday's dinner. Please confirm if you are able to join. See you all soon! 🚴🚴🚴🚴🚴🚴🕺🕺🕺🕺. Leave your Lycra and chamois cream at home, and bring your bevvy boots!  See you next week!

Best,
Noy

Roadhouse Barbecue

Juan Pablo Ramirez

Oct 11, 2021, 2:36:28 AM10/11/21
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
In for Wednesday, might be a +1 let's see hahaha.

Cheers,

Juan Pablo

Jens Bergsoe

Oct 11, 2021, 4:23:33 AM10/11/21
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

Excellent. I will be there!

Kind regards

Jens Bergsoe

Managing Director

Scanproducts Co., Ltd.

1/2 Soi Ekamai 2, Sukhumvit 63 Road

Prakanong Nua, Wattana

Bangkok 10110, Thailand

Tel. +66 2 714 1882

Fax. +66 2 714 1898

je...@scanproducts.co.th | www.scanproducts.co.th

Avast logo

image001.png

giuseppe grassi

Oct 11, 2021, 5:45:40 AM10/11/21
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
I’ll be there!

Sent from my iPhone

On 11 Oct 2021, at 15:23, Jens Bergsoe <je...@scanproducts.co.th> wrote:

Hello,

Excellent. I will be there!

Kind regards

Jens Bergsoe

Managing Director

<image001.png>

Kris Cooper

Oct 11, 2021, 5:51:08 AM10/11/21
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Sadly, I'll be in Hua Hin next week, so won't be able to make it, have a great time!

Kris

Aidan Lynam

Oct 11, 2021, 6:32:25 AM10/11/21
to Gents of the Pelaton (BKK riders)
Good idea Noy, will get there for a steak and grape juice 🍇

Aidan

NOY BURANAKUL

Oct 11, 2021, 11:23:28 AM10/11/21
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Let's please cap our numbers at 15 as requested by management:

1) Aidan
2) Juan Pablo
3) Giuseppe
4) Jens
5) Noy
6)
7)

Best,
Noy

marc solesse

Oct 12, 2021, 7:31:27 AM10/12/21
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Noy,

I can’t join you. I am completely blocked and got an appointment with an Ostheo tomorrow afternoon. I can hardly walk…
Have fun.

Best regards,

Marc Solesse

Sent from my iPhone

Aidan Lynam

Oct 12, 2021, 7:34:26 AM10/12/21
to Gents of the Pelaton (BKK riders)
Get well soon Marc.  Avoid (for a few weeks) kamekazi sprints to the Coffeeshop against Pablo, Kuba, Tony Jens.....!

Juan Pablo Ramirez

Oct 12, 2021, 8:50:16 AM10/12/21
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Marc it's for Wednesday next week not tomorrow...........you will surely recover by then :)

Cheers,

Juan Pablo

Hamish Keith

Oct 12, 2021, 10:41:33 AM10/12/21
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Nice work Noy, I'm still not back but put me down for a November meet-up.
Cheers
Hamish

Marc Solesse

Oct 12, 2021, 9:29:18 PM10/12/21
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aidan,

Thanks. Actually I just wanted to grab something on the floor yesterday morning and suddenly felt pain on my back…
Losing sprint did heart my pride only :-(

Marc Solesse
Envoyé de mon iPad

Aidan Lynam

Oct 12, 2021, 9:36:17 PM10/12/21
to Gents of the Pelaton (BKK riders)
😀 Marc, sounds painful and do hope the ostheo sessions bring a fast respite.  Rest up!

See if you can recover before next Wednesday evening.

All the best,

Aidan

Patrick Castanier

Oct 14, 2021, 7:10:32 AM10/14/21
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com

Dear all,

So glad to see again “GOTPbangkok” in my mailbox!. It is a Proust madeleine effect, transporting me back to the 2013-2016 years where I used to ride with GOTP!

I am back to Bangkok, and I understand from Marc that the group is still very active… so I would love to join you again!

Could you please recall me the day (Saturday or Sunday?) time and location for the more “talkative” group 😊 i.e an elegant way to say the “slowest” group which would be more appropriate for me to join! 😊 😊 😊

Unfortunately, I won’t be in Bangkok next week and will not be able to join the convivial moment

Have a great evening!

Kind regards,

Patrick

From: gotpb...@googlegroups.com <gotpb...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Aidan Lynam <aidl...@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, 13 October 2021 at 08:36
To: Gents of the Pelaton (BKK riders) <gotpb...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [GOTP: 7760] GOTP Dinner next Wednesday ??

 [CAUTION]  This email is from outside Pernod Ricard. Unless you trust the sender, do not click links or open attachments as it may be a phishing email, which can steal your information and compromise your computer and all of Pernod Ricard.

NOY BURANAKUL

Oct 14, 2021, 11:08:40 PM10/14/21
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Hello Patrick,

Welcome back to the Kingdom. There is the 'GOTP Originals' group ride every Sunday starting at 6.30am, which is generally very sociable and tame. They used to meet at the PT station, but may have moved to meet at this temple.

Wat Thua Thong

Perhaps Aidan or Tony can help confirm where is the meeting point for this ride. I will likely ride Sunday with the Originals as well.

Best,
Noy

james osborn

Oct 14, 2021, 11:16:19 PM10/14/21
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Is the use of the word “tame” a politically correct term for slow aging wanna bees who actually talk during ride (they can’t above 32 kph) and in the most part stay together given being dropped from this group is in itself quite an achievement?

Because if you so, you are 100% correct……… ha ha ha

We do start at 6.30 AM, but if I have my way (when riding more regularly) we can negotiate a 6.45 roll off. But for now it is 6.30 am. We even have some “French and European” members and we will tolerate “the speaking of foreign languages” on occasion. And is some cases do have a translation service for people with funny accents. We are very accommodating.

Cheers
James Osborn
Mobile 0818314953

Donal T. Coyne TH

Oct 14, 2021, 11:51:50 PM10/14/21
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com

Oz’all:

The new GOP is called GOG or grumpy old guys.

Bad language is not one of the foreign languages and perfectly acceptable as social banter on the return leg if prefaced with the invitation to reduce speed; “slow down ye $#&^%$& bas$&$%ds!

Anyone who can talk at over 32KPH is not welcome!

Donal T.

Martin Reed

Oct 15, 2021, 2:56:58 AM10/15/21
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Dear GOTP Originals,

How good to see the banter still reigns supreme!

It was great to see the photos and familiar faces, it brings back happy memories.

When I eventually get back to Bangkok I hope I will be able to ride with the Originals again!

Meantime, very best wishes to everyone and keep on riding and don't forget the smell the roses!

Cheers, Martin.

Sent from my iPad

Peter Burgess

Oct 15, 2021, 3:38:18 AM10/15/21
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Great to see the evolution of the GOTP😂

Hope there is time to smell the roses😂😂 on these rides 🙏

Enjoy GOTP

Pete

Sent from my iPhone

NOY BURANAKUL

Oct 18, 2021, 12:36:18 AM10/18/21
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
We will raise a Champagne toast this Wednesday to Juan Pablo and Ponnie on the birth of their son.  Join us if you can at Roadhouse BBQ!

Best,
Noy

Tony Jamed

Oct 18, 2021, 6:26:35 AM10/18/21
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Noy

Please count me in

Regards
Tony Jamed

Oct 18, 2021, 7:48:19 AM10/18/21
to Gents of the Pelaton (BKK riders)

NOY BURANAKUL

Oct 19, 2021, 5:48:19 AM10/19/21
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Fantastic Tony.  See you there tomorrow!!  So far there are about 7-8 of us. Anyone else joining?  Juan Pablo is buying the first round!!! 🤣🤣🤣🍻🍻☕☕☕

Juan Pablo Ramirez

Oct 19, 2021, 5:50:21 AM10/19/21
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Definitely boys and girls......first round is on me!!!

Cheers,

Pablo

Marc Solesse

Oct 19, 2021, 8:28:25 AM10/19/21
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Hello guys,

I kept silent as I just start to feel less pain in my back.
Can I confirm you tomorrow morning if I am in?

Marc Solesse
Envoyé de mon iPad

Juan Pablo Ramirez

Oct 19, 2021, 8:54:14 AM10/19/21
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Hey Marc,

Yes of course mate no worries 😉 would be great to see you there if you can.

Cheers,

NOY BURANAKUL

Oct 19, 2021, 8:30:37 PM10/19/21
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Certainly!  I hope to see you there Marc.

marc solesse

Oct 19, 2021, 10:38:04 PM10/19/21
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Not, count me in. I will arrive at 06:00 pm.

Best regards,

Marc Solesse

Sent from my iPhone

NOY BURANAKUL

Oct 19, 2021, 10:48:13 PM10/19/21
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
We will keep a glass of bubbles for you!!!

Patrick Castanier

Oct 20, 2021, 2:58:03 AM10/20/21
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com

Hi all. Sorry bu cannot attend. It is for the good cause. In Khao yai to cycle 😊 enjoy!

Congrats to Juan Pablo and Ponnie on the birth of their son ! 👍🏻

Patrick

From: "gotpb...@googlegroups.com" <gotpb...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of NOY BURANAKUL <nbura...@gmail.com>
Reply to: "gotpb...@googlegroups.com" <gotpb...@googlegroups.com>
Date: Wednesday 20 October 2021 at 09:48
To: "gotpb...@googlegroups.com" <gotpb...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [GOTP: 7777] Re: GOTP Dinner next Wednesday ??

 [CAUTION]  This email is from outside Pernod Ricard. Unless you trust the sender, do not click links or open attachments as it may be a phishing email, which can steal your information and compromise your computer and all of Pernod Ricard.

We will keep a glass of bubbles for you!!!

Juan Pablo Ramirez

Oct 21, 2021, 1:35:33 AM10/21/21
to gotpb...@googlegroups.com
Cheers Patrick, enjoy the good cause, Khao Yai Emoji

Cheers,

Juan Pablo