World Hash Events: February 2021

Hazukashii

Dec 22, 2020, 11:47:44 AM12/22/20
to gotot...@googlegroups.com, Hash List
Hello hashers,

Thanks goodness that 2020 is almost over. As we close in on 2021, it is
with the utmost enthusiasm that we get to see each other again out on trail.
HAPPY NEW YEAR to hashers all over the world. In this months edition we
have a few items of interest, including updates to major hash events, name
changes, and a few announcements. Enjoy.

More event postponements and cancellations have taken place, but the most
intriguing change at the moment is that the China H3 has made a bold move
and rebrands itself as the Taiwan H3. Apparently this has been in
consideration for several years, and has now been acted upon. From a post
on their Facebook page, it was stated "2020 is a year that will not be
forgotten easily but while the rest of the world took a year off CH³ and now
TwH³ kept on keeping on. We are blessed to call Taiwan our home and honoured
to take Taiwan as our name."

As always, I wish all hashers around the globe health and safety, and happy
trails.

It was recently announced that InterScandi and Danish Nash Hash (2-4 Jul
2021) in Tallinn, Estonia have been postponed indefinitely due to ongoing
COVID concerns. A new date/location is pending. More postponements and
cancellations are likely, but this is what I have right now . . .

Current schedules for Major International Hash Events are:
* PanAfricaHash (2-4 Jul 2021) - Kampala, Uganda
* EuroHash (19-22 Aug 2021) - Prague, Czech Republic
* InterAmericas (3-6 Sep 2021) - Medellin, Colombia
* PanAsia (8-10 Oct 2021) - Pangandaran, West Java, Indonesia
* Mekong Indochina (26-28 Nov 2021) - Yangon, Myanmar
* InterGulf 2021 not scheduled yet
* InterScandi 2022 not scheduled yet
* INTERHASH (28 Apr - 1 May 2022) - Trinidad

Current schedules for Nash Hash Events are:
* New Zealand (5-7 Feb 2021) - Hastings
* Germany (9-11 Jul 2021) - Burg Wildenstein
* Switzerland (30 Jul - 1 Aug 2021) - St. Gallen
* United States (postponed until Sep 2021) - details TBA
* Philippines (postponed until Oct 2021) - details TBA
* Australia (5-7 Nov 2021) - Adelaide
* United Kingdom (25-28 Aug 2023) - Yorkshire

Links to the event websites are listed on the main page at
http://gotothehash.net

You may recall from the "World Hash Events: October 2010" edition the
following article:
This just in to the News Desk: A crack team of German scientists [yea right,
make that drunken hashers] have determined beyond a shadow of a doubt, what
many parents of teenage daughters have always feared. It is now a proven
fact that it takes less than 3 hours to go from Kissing, to Petting, to
Fucking. A full analysis is located at: http://tinyurl.com/2g28pop

An UPDATE has recently been published as follows:
Austrian village of 'Fucking' decides to change its name: The long-suffering
residents of the small Austrian village of Fucking have confirmed that, from
January 1, the town will be known as Fugging. Fans of unusual place-names
will mourn the loss. Read the whole story at . . .
https://www.dw.com/en/austrian-village-of-fucking-decides-to-change-its-name
/a-55740967

If you are looking for some light reading, and want to catch up on your hash
history . . . see the articles posted at IN THE SPOTLIGHT:
http://gotothehash.net/history/inthespotlight.html

I am working on a few stories for next year, but if you have any
suggestions, I would be happy to research and craft a story on it. Send
your comments to gotothehash (at) gmail (dot) com

If your hash is planning an event in the future, and you need help
organizing, check out the following free support

* TOED's hash event management system . . . https://toedsh3-admin.com/eg.htm

* HashRego . . . https://hashrego.com

From the Way Back Machine, hash happenings this month . . .

5 YEARS AGO:
http://harrier.org/pipermail/hash-l_harrier.org/Week-of-Mon-20151228/008919.
html

10 YEARS AGO:
http://harrier.org/pipermail/hash-l_harrier.org/Week-of-Mon-20101227/006487.
html

15 YEARS AGO:
http://harrier.org/pipermail/hash-l_harrier.org/Week-of-Mon-20060116/003739.
html

The annual calendar update has been completed, and you can see the full
spread of 2022, and the beginning of 2023. Keep sending in those event
updates.

Upcoming hash events for the month of February 2021 are listed below. See
the website for more details: http://gotothehash.net/e/hashevents21-02.html

Feb 4-6
Big Hash Campout
Hosted by Little Mo in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

Feb 5-7
New Zealand Nash Hash
Hosted by the Pania Plodders H3 at Kenilworth Rd, Hastings, New Zealand.

Feb 12-14
Red Dress Run
Hosted by the Vulcan H3 in Birmingham, AL, USA.

Feb 18-21
Rehab and RDR in Puerto Vallarta
Hosted by the Puerto Vallarta H3 in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.

Feb 26-28 - Postponed to Oct 2021
Philippine Nash Hash
Hosted by the La Union H3 in La Union, Philippines.

See the whole two year calendar of events at
http://gotothehash.net/hashevents.html

If you know of an upcoming event not posted to the calendar, please send me
the info.

Hashing is fun! See you on trail someday . . . :O)

On-On,
Hazukashii
Keeper of the old rusty pail, and Chief of the Royal Order of the Smelly
Shoe!
http://GoToTheHash.net (Since 1998)

them know they can sign up by sending an email to
gotothehas...@googlegroups.com

Find out more here: https://bit.ly/2zCJMrO

Message has been deleted