Difficulty of comparing input and output data

anakha nair

Jun 6, 2023, 2:33:38 AM6/6/23
to gotm-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
     As a beginner GOTM user I didn't get any idea how to plot input and output for comparison,if anyone who  plots the input and output data sets , in any one of the case studies , can you please share code.

regards
anakha

Karsten Bolding

Jun 6, 2023, 2:38:40 AM6/6/23
to gotm-...@googlegroups.com
Hello

GOTM saves results in the NetCDF format. NetCDF can be read (and plotted) from e.g. Python, Matlab writing you own scripts or through a number of different plotting programs - one example being pyncview - https://pypi.org/project/pyncview/.

Best regards
Karsten

Lars Umlauf

Jun 6, 2023, 3:37:57 AM6/6/23
to gotm-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Anakha,

Welcome to GOTM!

If you look carefully into the description of our idealized scenarios (for example, https://gotm.net/cases/couette/), you will find links to python scripts we used to plot the figures. This will hopefully help you to get started.

All the best,

Lars

Lars Umlauf

Physical Oceanography and Instrumentation
Leibniz-Institute for Baltic Sea Research

phone : ++49 381 5197 223
fax   : ++49 381 5197 114
web   : www.io-warnemuende.de/lars-umlauf-en.html

address:
Leibniz-Institute for Baltic Sea Research
Seestrasse 15
D-18119 Rostock-Warnemuende
Germany