最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

Zheng Zhang

未読、
2011/04/20 20:35:262011/04/20
To: gotm-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Did anyone encounter the problem of saving figure in formats? I could only save to *.png, but for other formats (eps, ps, pdf etc.), the PyNcView stopped responding every time.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version 0.99.6 in Win 7 64 bit.

Zheng

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 4:07 AM, Jorn Bruggeman <jorn.br...@falw.vu.nl> wrote:
Dear all,

This is a quick e-mail to announce a new release of PyNcView, a
cross-platform NetCDF viewer. It can be found at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyncview/. By now, PyNcView has existed for
nearly two years, and it stable enough for an official beta release. This
release comes with a binary Windows installer and a wiki with a bit of
documentation on how to run on other platforms
(http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/pyncview/).

Some background: PyNcView was originally built upon the visualization
library of the Graphical user Interface to GOTM (GOTM-GUI). It is grown into
a general purpose NetCDF viewer, capable enough to produce publication
quality plots and stills for animations. It supports several more advanced
features, such as vector plots, polar roses, geographic maps with different
projections, and plotting custom expressions. Due to its GOTM/GETM ancestry,
it also supports the model-specific NetCDF coordinate conventions of GOTM
and GETM.

In addition to providing a graphical NetCDF viewer, PyNcView also comes with
a command-line utility (multiplot.py) that creates plots from NetCDF files;
every single detail of these plots is fully configurable with command-line
options.

Comments regarding PyNcView can be posted to its SourceForge forum,
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyncview/forums.

Cheers,

Jorn

Bianca Schippmann

未読、
2011/04/21 1:39:452011/04/21
To: gotm-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I´ve tried to save figures in all formats, but everytime it is stored in
png. The stopping does not occur at my pc. However, I am using
ubuntu10.10 (64bit) and not windows.

Best wishes,
Bianca.

Bianca Schippmann
Leibniz Institute for Baltic Sea Research Warnemuende
Dept. for Physical Oceanography and Instrumentation
Seestrasse 15
18119 Rostock
Germany
Tel : 0381/ 5197263
e-mail: bianca.s...@io-warnemuende.de

Jorn Bruggeman

未読、
2011/04/21 5:33:502011/04/21
To: gotm-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Zheng,

I cannot reproduce this with PyNcView 0.99.6 on my Win 7 64 bit system. Saving to PDF works, for instance, though it takes a while, during which PyNcView appears to hang... I do get an error (but not a hang) when saving to SVG, EPS and PS, but that is due to a bug in MatPlotLib that pops up only with certain fonts; switching the figure font from the Windows default to the more postscript-friendly Times New Roman makes it work.

If you save to PDF at low resolution (e.g. 96 dpi) and try to wait a few minutes, PyNcView really does not come back to life?

Cheers,

Jorn

Jorn Bruggeman

未読、
2011/04/21 5:36:492011/04/21
To: gotm-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bianca,

I can reproduce this on Linux - it seems due to the default format [png] being selected if a file extension is not given as part of the name. If I explicitly set the extension, to "ps" for instance, it seems to work ok. Can you confirm this?

Cheers,

Jorn

Bianca Schippmann

未読、
2011/04/21 5:46:572011/04/21
To: gotm-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jorn,

yes it works. Thank you.

Bianca.

Jorn Bruggeman

未読、
2011/04/21 6:14:512011/04/21
To: gotm-...@googlegroups.com
> Hi Jorn,
>
> yes it works. Thank you.

Fixed now in gotm-git (not pyncview-svn!) too - for file names without extension the chosen output format should now be used correctly.

Jorn

Bianca Schippmann

未読、
2011/04/21 6:40:302011/04/21
To: gotm-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all, now I have an other question.

Why can I not open the appended file with pyncview.py, but with ncview?

I want to use pyncview/ multiplot for plotting, but is doesn´t work.

Best wishes, Bianca.

T4.ST.mean.JJA.nc

Jorn Bruggeman

未読、
2011/04/21 7:15:182011/04/21
To: gotm-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bianca,

> Why can I not open the appended file with pyncview.py, but with ncview?

Now fixed in gotm-git.

This happened because pyncview recognized the gotm/getm convention for storing depths, but it did not know how to handle this if the number of other spatial dimensions is not two (for x,y or lat,lon), but one (boundary points) as in your case.

Cheers,

Jorn

Bianca Schippmann

未読、
2011/04/21 7:43:232011/04/21
To: gotm-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jorn,

thanks again for your fast help!

Best regards,
Bianca.

--

Zheng Zhang

未読、
2011/04/21 15:30:532011/04/21
To: gotm-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jorn,

I tried to save in pdf, it saved but I could not open it, it seems it's broken. Further I tried to install PyNcView in a Win XP 32bit, but I could not open the program after finishing, which I think is a particular case.

Anyway I have another question: how can I get tick labels of colorbar in log scale figure? Please look at the png and figure preperties file attached.

Thanks,
Zheng