density resolved inflows

Freya Olsson

Mar 12, 2023, 9:57:25 PM3/12/23
to GOTM-users
I am currently using GOTM version 5.4 and am having issues using the density resolved inflows (method: 4). The output from the model is identical to method:1 (surface) and appears to have the inflow going to the surface, rather than resolving based on density. Has anyone had similar issues and might offer some advice on resolving this?

Thanks
image (5).png

Karsten Bolding

Mar 13, 2023, 4:41:07 AM3/13/23
to gotm-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Freya

I'm afraid version 5.4 is not maintained anymore - is it the lake branch? For those who use the non-lake version we encourage people to switch to a newer GOTM version - that is unfortunately not possible for lake users.
I'm really sorry for the inconvinience - but I don't think any developers are using the lake branch anymore and it will require quite some work to get it up to par with the newest version.

Best regards,
Karsten

Freya Olsson

Mar 13, 2023, 8:47:13 AM3/13/23
to GOTM-users
Thanks for your reply.

Yes, the lake branch. Is there any olders versions that do have density resolved inflows for lakes?

Freya

Karsten Bolding

Mar 13, 2023, 9:21:10 AM3/13/23
to gotm-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Freya

I know of people that has used the feature but not setups I have access to.

Karsten

Freya Olsson

Mar 13, 2023, 11:09:43 AM3/13/23
to GOTM-users
I got it working! The salinity was set to -1, so setting it to 0 got the density to be derived from the temperature of the inflows only.
 image (6).png

Karsten Bolding

Mar 13, 2023, 11:14:15 AM3/13/23
to gotm-...@googlegroups.com