Invitation to Participate in a survey on the calibration of lake ecosystem models

Shajar

Mar 27, 2024, 10:57:57 AMMar 27
to GOTM-users

Dear GOTM-users group members,

We are conducting a survey on the calibration of process-based lake ecosystem models, and we would greatly appreciate your valuable insights and expertise. This survey is as part of a research project within the Global Lake Ecological Observatory Network (GLEON).

The goal of our project is to create a better understanding and overview of current practices in lake model calibration and validation. The aim is to create generalised guidelines and identify pitfalls when it comes to calibration of hydrological and lake ecosystem models.

The questionnaire is designed to gather information on the calibration practices used in modelling lake ecosystems across different models and different communities using process-based models.

 The questionnaire should only require 10 to 20 minutes of your time to complete, depending on the amount of detail and models you want talk about. Your responses will be treated with confidentiality and will only be used for research purposes.

 Additionally, we kindly encourage you to share this questionnaire with any other relevant colleagues who may be interested in contributing.

 Your participation in this survey is invaluable to us, and we appreciate your time and effort in helping us understand common calibration practices in lake modelling.

Please click on the following link to access the questionnaire:

GLEON Project: Calibration of process-based models

If you have any questions or require further information, please do not hesitate to contact us at maud.s...@stir.ac.uk.

Thank you very much for your consideration and participation.