--action restore-group overwrites --action restore-mbox

Justus-Constantin Schneider

Jul 8, 2020, 2:08:36 AM7/8/20
to Got Your Back: Gmail Backup
Hi,

I would like to report that the two features mentioned above cannot be used at the same time.

When you use these to features the emails are not restored to the group but the admin's email which is provided for --use-admin.

If there's a fix for this please let me know or if I might be doing something wrong.

gyb --email email[redacted]@[redacted].com --action restore-group --service-account --use-admin email[redacted]@[redacted].com --action restore-mbox --local-folder /path/to/mbox

Best regards,
C.

Joe Kong

Dec 9, 2021, 10:17:31 AM12/9/21
to Got Your Back: Gmail Backup
Hi, did you ever get to get this working?  I get the same problem.  No matter what local folder or user I try with, the restore process just checks the actual Admin's email inbox rather than the one it's being directed to use.  I notice it's been over a year since you tried, I was hoping there'd be a workaround.