GYB suddenly not working anymore with GAM json

Markus Frömmel

Aug 11, 2023, 5:22:46 AM8/11/23
to Got Your Back: Gmail Backup
My GYB is suddenly not working anymore. Did anything change?
I am using the auth files from my gam installation which still works fine.

PS H:\GYB\ZENIT> gyb --email mar...@zen-it.berlin --action backup --service-account
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "gyb.py", line 2767, in <module>
  File "gyb.py", line 2015, in main
  File "gyb.py", line 696, in buildGAPIServiceObject
  File "gyb.py", line 1359, in getSvcAcctCredentials
  File "google\oauth2\service_account.py", line 438, in refresh
  File "google\oauth2\_client.py", line 312, in jwt_grant
  File "google\oauth2\_client.py", line 283, in _token_endpoint_request
  File "google\oauth2\_client.py", line 74, in _handle_error_response
google.auth.exceptions.RefreshError: ('unauthorized_client: Client is unauthorized to retrieve access tokens using this method, or client not authorized for any of the scopes requested.', {'error': 'unauthorized_client', 'error_description': 'Client is unauthorized to retrieve access tokens using this method, or client not authorized for any of the scopes requested.'})
[26512] Failed to execute script 'gyb' due to unhandled exception!

Best, Markus

Jax Meyer

Oct 3, 2023, 10:36:42 PM10/3/23
to Got Your Back: Gmail Backup
I also have this problem.

Adamme Mak

May 10, 2024, 5:26:50 PMMay 10
to Got Your Back: Gmail Backup
I'm also not able to perform restore-group with --service-account.

For posterity of anyone searching in the future, today I was able to complete the restore with --use-admin super...@email.com