How to check user's API quota usage and how to change user?

Christopher Roble

Apr 10, 2024, 11:54:38 AMApr 10
to Got Your Back: Gmail Backup
So I backed up about 30 users and restored to a single inbox , I think I've added about 30+ GB of emails to the backup inbox in the last week, and now I'm getting rate limited. who's quota is getting exhausted here? My Admin user? the Backup Inbox?

When does the quota gets refreshed?
How can I monitor that?
In the case it is my admin user quota how can I change it to another user?

Christopher Roble

Apr 10, 2024, 12:01:39 PMApr 10
to Got Your Back: Gmail Backup
this are the two commands I use with pwsh in case theres a way to optimize it.

gyb --email $user.primaryEmail --service-account --action backup --local-folder "C:\path\to\folder\$($user.primaryEmail)" --search "to:me OR cc:me OR bcc:me OR label:sent"
gyb --email $backupemail --service-account --action restore --local-folder "C:\path\to\folder\$($user.primaryEmail)" --strip-labels --label-restored $user.primaryEmail

Tyrone Barragan

Apr 18, 2024, 11:55:36 AMApr 18
to Got Your Back: Gmail Backup
You ever get an answer to this? Just started using and getting rate limited, not sure how/when its refreshed or which account is being rate limited. Thanks!

Tyrone Barragan

Apr 18, 2024, 12:02:54 PMApr 18
to Got Your Back: Gmail Backup
Actually, I added --batch-size 10 to change it from the default value of 100, and the ratelimit issue is gone.

Dustin

Apr 18, 2024, 4:53:43 PMApr 18
to got-yo...@googlegroups.com
I was doing a simple incremental backup of a user today and was getting "quota exhausted" but I hadn't done ANYTHING with the user (or with GYB) for 3 or 4 days. I changed my batch size to 10 and everything started working. Later on in the morning I did a purge and removed the rate limit and didn't get errors.

Maybe something on Google's side?

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Got Your Back: Gmail Backup" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/got-your-back/a06a8efc-6be3-474d-9480-781c1ac6f7d0n%40googlegroups.com.

--
Dustin Douglas