GYB Installation

José Antonio Avellán Martín

May 24, 2024, 7:40:28 AMMay 24
to Got Your Back: Gmail Backup
Good morning,

I just installed this version of gyb-1.81-windows-x86_64.msi and I am having problems, when I put this option to make a backup:
gyb --service-account --email (user mail) --action backup

I get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File “gyb.py”, line 2817, in <module>.
  File “gyb.py”, line 2045, in main
  File “gyb.py”, line 697, in buildGAPIServiceObject
  File “gyb.py”, line 1360, in getSvcAcctCredentials
  File “google\oauth2\service_account.py”, line 445, in refresh
  File “google\oauth2\_client.py”, line 308, in jwt_grant
  File “google\oauth2\_client.py”, line 279, in _token_endpoint_request
  File “google\oauth2client.py”, line 72, in _handle_error_response
google.auth.exceptions.RefreshError: ('unauthorized_client: Client is unauthorized to retrieve access tokens using this method, or client not authorized for any of the scopes requested.', {'error': 'unauthorized_client', 'error_description': 'Client is unauthorized to retrieve access tokens using this method, or client not authorized for any of the scopes requested.'})
[6720] Could not execute the 'gyb' script due to an unhandled exception!

Can someone please help me?

Thanks, best regards.

Jay Lee

May 24, 2024, 7:43:20 AMMay 24
to got-yo...@googlegroups.com

Run:

GYB --action check-service-account --email <user email>

And follow the instructions it gives you until that passes, then try again.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Got Your Back: Gmail Backup" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/got-your-back/1b3de9a9-b25c-4847-b3f5-e76243f7c3bfn%40googlegroups.com.

José Antonio Avellán Martín

May 29, 2024, 10:25:38 AMMay 29
to Got Your Back: Gmail Backup

Good afternoon!

with what you told me everything ok thanks, but now when restoring the messages to a group that I have done in google something else fails me:

Groups supports restore of messages up to 26214400

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File “gyb.py”, line 2817, in <module>.
  File “gyb.py”, line 2577, in main
sqlite3.OperationalError: unable to open database file
[2008] Failed to execute script 'gyb' due to unhandled e

could you help me please?

Thanks, best regards.

Jay Lee

May 29, 2024, 10:31:49 AMMay 29
to got-yo...@googlegroups.com
Show the command you ran to restore messages to the group.

Jay Lee

Message has been deleted

José Antonio Avellán Martín

May 29, 2024, 11:10:37 AMMay 29
to Got Your Back: Gmail Backup
gyb --email here I have placed the group where I want to change the mails --action restore-group --local-folder GYB-Gmail-Backup-user mail --use-admin ad...@ --service-account

Jay Lee

May 29, 2024, 11:36:45 AMMay 29
to got-yo...@googlegroups.com
The error is stating that it can't open up the existing backup file. Are you sure you specified the folder you used for backup? What files exist in that folder?

Jay Lee

Abayomi Ibrahim

Jun 4, 2024, 7:16:42 AMJun 4
to Got Your Back: Gmail Backup
Try this command:

gyb --action restore-group --email group...@x.com --service-account --use-admin ad...@x.com --local-folder GYB-GMail-Backup-x...@x.com

José Antonio Avellán Martín

Jun 13, 2024, 6:56:15 AMJun 13
to Got Your Back: Gmail Backup
Good morning,
the folder is correct, and the files that I have inside are restored.sqlite and msg-db.sqlite, but it doesn't matter the user that I put, it happens with all of them.
Thanks, best regards.

José Antonio Avellán Martín

Jun 13, 2024, 6:59:16 AMJun 13
to Got Your Back: Gmail Backup
On the other hand this that abayomi has commented to me, it does not let me either, it gives me the same failure, thanks, anyway.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "gyb.py", line 2817, in <module>
  File "gyb.py", line 2577, in main
sqlite3.OperationalError: unable to open database file
[6228] Failed to execute script 'gyb' due to unhandled exception!