"Error 400: Request contains an invalid argument" when creating project

Lars Westvang

Feb 13, 2021, 6:42:05 AM2/13/21
to Got Your Back: Gmail Backup
Hi,

Using the latest version (1.41), I'm getting an error when running

gyb --action create-project --email [email address]

I have a consumer GMail account (not Google Workspace).

The output from the gyb is as follows:

Creating project "Got Your Back Project"...
Checking project status...
enabling API drive.googleapis.com...
enabling API gmail.googleapis.com...
enabling API groupsmigration.googleapis.com...
enabling API iap.googleapis.com...
enabling API vault.googleapis.com...
Creating Service Account
Setting project consent screen...

400: b'{\n "error": {\n "code": 400,\n "message": "Request contains an invalid argument.",\n "status": "INVALID_ARGUMENT"\n }\n}\n' - 400

Looking at the Google APIs Dashboard, the OAuth Consent Screen shows the following:

Screenshot 2021-02-13 at 12.12.09.png
Any idea what could cause this error?

Best regards,
Lars

Brian Kim

Feb 13, 2021, 7:52:30 AM2/13/21
to Got Your Back: Gmail Backup
Not sure why you are getting the error, but you can mark it as "External" and "Published".

Once done you can download the OAuth 2.0 Client that you created from https://console.cloud.google.com/apis/credentials and save it to your gyb installation directory.

afterwards, you should be able to do gyb --email your...@gmail.com and authorize GYB and start backing up the emails.

Brian Kim

Feb 13, 2021, 7:53:03 AM2/13/21
to Got Your Back: Gmail Backup
Make sure that you rename the JSON that you download as client_secrets.json.