Precondition check failed. - failedPrecondition - Giving up.

Christopher

Dec 15, 2023, 11:10:22 AM12/15/23
to Got Your Back: Gmail Backup
Has anyone ever gotten this error
The box had been restarted as some point yesterday by someone else.
I than started the process again and got what is below.

--- gyb --email lal...@lalalala.com --search "Before:2021/12/31 " --action backup --service-account
Got 85559 Message IDs
GYB needs to examine 85559 messages
GYB already has a backup of 80680 messages
GYB needs to backup 4879 messages
backed up 4879 of 4879 messages

GYB needs to refresh 80680 messages
refreshed 18280 of 80680 messages
400: Precondition check failed. - failedPrecondition
 - Giving up.

Christopher

Dec 15, 2023, 11:13:23 AM12/15/23
to Got Your Back: Gmail Backup
Oh, I did have --batch-size 10 at the end of the request

Brian Gates

Feb 19, 2024, 8:49:27 AMFeb 19
to Got Your Back: Gmail Backup
I see those occasionally as well - even with no filters or switches.  I'm refreshing a backup and at the end get "Refreshed NNNNNN of NNNNNN messages" where it appears complete.

Ron Mangus

Feb 29, 2024, 1:08:04 PMFeb 29
to Got Your Back: Gmail Backup
I'm also seeing this error while checking a few accounts on our domain. Some complete without issue, most error at various points of completion.

C:\>gyb --email us...@domain.com --action estimate --service-account
Got 576756 Message IDs
GYB needs to examine 576756 messages
GYB already has a backup of 0 messages
Estimated size 3.53gb 18400/576756 messages

400: Precondition check failed. - failedPrecondition

Any thoughts?
-Ron

Christopher

Feb 29, 2024, 10:20:32 PMFeb 29
to got-yo...@googlegroups.com
I have had that error also but have just run the command again and the messages complete successfully.

Christopher

On Feb 29, 2024, at 1:08 PM, Ron Mangus <rma...@awe-tuning.com> wrote:

I'm also seeing this error while checking a few accounts on our domain. Some complete without issue, most error at various points of completion.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Got Your Back: Gmail Backup" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/got-your-back/1be78098-eec3-405e-9081-70752674dbf2n%40googlegroups.com.

Antonio Nicolau Maia Junior

Apr 9, 2024, 10:17:50 AMApr 9
to Got Your Back: Gmail Backup
Hello !
I had this same issue last week during an account archiving.
An account backup with more than 1.5M messages/ 300GB hanged up in ~ 90% of process.
After tried many options, I had success using the option --fast-incremental.

# /opt/gyb/gyb --service-account --action backup --email $GYB_ACC --fast-incremental

I hope this can help anyone else.
Regards.