Trying to restore to a group

Bassel Massamiri

May 22, 2024, 12:11:04 PMMay 22
to Got Your Back: Gmail Backup
Hi,

I was trying to restore exported MBOX from vault to a group but it says that folder doesn't exist while I can see the mbox file in the CloudShell directory

gyb --email gr...@domain.com --action restore-mbox --local-folder in...@domain.com_Group_Mail--info@domain.com --service-account --use-admin ad...@domain.com

I have tried even --action restore-group but I get the same result

ERROR: Folder in...@domain.com_Group_Mail--info@domain.com does not exist. Cannot restore.

Thanks for your help

Jay Lee

May 22, 2024, 12:28:12 PMMay 22
to got-yo...@googlegroups.com
Try specifying the full folder path. Use tab to autocomplete the path so you are certain you are typing it correctly. I'd also suggest renaming the folder to remove any special characters like @ in case that's confusing the shell.

Jay Lee

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Got Your Back: Gmail Backup" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/got-your-back/bb5db626-7e35-40d0-a63d-f365d572c58dn%40googlegroups.com.

Bassel Massamiri

May 22, 2024, 12:48:17 PMMay 22
to got-yo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jay,

I have tried to run the below commands but got the same issue:

gyb --email in...@domain.com --action restore-mbox --local-folder info --service-account --use-admin  ad...@domain.com
ERROR: Folder info does not exist. Cannot restore.

image.png

gyb --email in...@domain.com --action restore-mbox --local-folder "/home/user/info" --service-account --use-admin ad...@domain.com
ERROR: Folder /home/user/info does not exist. Cannot restore.