Mail speed

José Antonio Avellán Martín

Jun 13, 2024, 7:22:00 AMJun 13
to Got Your Back: Gmail Backup
Good morning,
one thing happens to me when I do the backup of the emails:

gyb --service-account --email --action backup
In this step the emails are backed up 10 by 10.

gyb --email --action restore-group --local-folder GYB-Gmail-Backup- --use-admin admin@ --service-account

But in this step I get the backup 1 by 1.

Why could this be?

Greetings.

Jay Lee

Jun 13, 2024, 7:29:00 AMJun 13
to Got Your Back: Gmail Backup
It's that way because that's what the Google servers can generally handle without throwing errors.

If you really want to try faster you can add something like:

--batch-size 20

To either command telling GYB to handle 20 messages at s time but it's prone to cause errors, retries and run even slower.

Jay

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Got Your Back: Gmail Backup" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/got-your-back/328d51aa-540b-49c9-8536-b3db9e6c356en%40googlegroups.com.