What is the current most Intellij and Gosu plugin version that is supported?

Reals

Mar 14, 2023, 11:51:45 AM3/14/23
to gosu-lang
i've tried Intellij 2021.1.13 with the plugin for that but, it does not work. Currently trying it with 2019.3.5 and the plugin for that one but, am having some troubles. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Reals

Mar 15, 2023, 10:28:07 AM3/15/23
to gosu-lang
I was able to get it to work with 2019.3.5! The thing is, it never showed "Default Gosu SDK" I had to add libararies (the gosu jar files themselves from when you download the gosu distribution and add them to global libs/normal libs in project structure in intellij) to 'modules' and select something to make it show up as 'external libariares' in the project itself!

Sorry for the confusing info. I'm going to update this later and document everything I did so other people can get this to work.
I'm trying to learn gosu for my job but, the documentation is very outdated(Gosu-lang website was last updated in 2019). Maybe there's something I missed? Tried looking through GW docs but, couldn't find much.

It's a shame because, Gosu is actually a very interesting language! My theory is they most likely only update gosu for Guidewire studio and the newer intellij built into that? Like, why is 1.14.16 the "most recent release" but, I can find 1.14.29 on their maven repo? Why does it say there's a plugin for 2021.1.3 but, it won't work! Just wish everything surronding this langauge was more clear and not left up to the user to be a archeologist and dig through ancient sediment hahah. Not blaming the developers! I suspect it's probably Guidewires fault of not caring (idk, can you blame them?)

Eventually, I want to make a video explaining what to do for everystep becuase, the process was kinda frustraing. But, this group actually allowed me to find a lot of info that helped a lot.
Hopefully the next post in this group isn't 5 years into the future.
Cheers

Reals

Mar 15, 2023, 11:09:31 AM3/15/23
to gosu-lang
Just got Intellij 2021.1.3 to work with Gosu 1.14.29 and JDK 11!

Reals

Mar 16, 2023, 11:27:44 AM3/16/23
to gosu-lang
PS- Gosu 1.14.29 can be found from here :

Reals

Mar 30, 2023, 1:47:30 PM3/30/23
to gosu-lang